Ruf CTR (2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruf CTR (2017)

Germany’s Ruf has specialized for decades in reimagining Porsche’s products as even more hardcore machines. At the Geneva Motor Show, the firm is breaking from that legacy by using the fourth-generation CTR to introduce its first ever in-house designed and produced chassis. The company claims this platform creates world’s first rear-engine road car with a mostly carbon fiber monocoque – crash structures at the front and rear are steel.

The new CTR’s design picks up cues from the original 1987 model, nicknamed the Yellow Bird, by incorporating a relatively narrow body and having air intakes at the rear. The exterior panels are carbon fiber for saving weight. At the tail, Ruf fits its biturbo 3.6-liter flat six engine producing 700 horsepower (522 kilowatts) and 649 pound-feet (880 Newton-meters). A newly developed six-speed manual routes power to the rear axle, which sends the grunt to the wheels through a limited-slip differential.

“We have been waiting for the right point in our history to build our own car and the 30th anniversary of the CTR ‘Yellow Bird’ is that moment,” Alois Ruf, President and owner of RUF Automobile GmbH, said in the press release. The new supercar required five years of development.

So much carbon fiber means an extremely low weight of 2,646 pounds (1,200 kilograms). Ruf estimates the latest CTR can get to 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) in less than 3.5 seconds and to 124 mph (200 kph) in under 9 seconds. If a driver keeps his or her foot on the throttle, the coupe can reach a maximum of 224 mph (360 kph).

Handling and braking should be equally impressive. The front and rear axle have double-wishbone layouts with a pushrod configuration. The carbon fiber brake discs measure 15 inches (380 millimeters) with six-piston calipers in front and 9.8-inch rotors with four-pot calipers in the back.

Inside, there’s seating for two in an Alcantara-upholstered interior with a mix of leather and carbon fiber trim. An integrated steel roll cage is also part of the standard equipment.

Production of the fourth-gen CTR begins in 2018, and Ruf isn’t discussing the model’s price yet. The firm only intends to make 30 examples, plus the prototype that premiering in Geneva.

We’re very curious to get a closer look at the new model because the existing CTR 3 Clubsport has a more impressive spec sheet. It uses a biturbo 3.8-liter with 766 hp (571 kW) and 723 pound-feet (980 Nm). The latest generation’s chassis upgrades could be an equalizer, though.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Ruf CTR (2017)

Amazing!!!!
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
      Amazing!!!!
      Holy poppers that is sexy

Comment

I REALLY like this! I'd say the tail lights maybe look a little too modern for the car, but they don't look bad by any means.
        Scott
        '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
        '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Holy Mother of God!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Rob
          Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
          Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Beautiful car!
            --
            Rod
            Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
            2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

That rear bumper and lights are all wrong. What's with the trailer lights beside the exhaust tips and the laundry basket inspired vents??? I think they should have had Singer do the body.

Not saying I wouldn't take it if it was offered to me.
              Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
              2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
              2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
              2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
              2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
              2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Comment

I don't know how this is happening, but I am so glad it did! Amazing!
                sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                Past:
                B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                2004 .:R32 BMP
                2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

I know it's the "yellow bird" but I'd love one in black.

Comment

Originally posted by Blau_RS2 View Post
                    That rear bumper and lights are all wrong. What's with the trailer lights beside the exhaust tips and the laundry basket inspired vents??? I think they should have had Singer do the body.

Not saying I wouldn't take it if it was offered to me.
                    This, verbatim.
                    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Anyone have more details on motor?

And are they using a donor car? 964?
                      Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Natty54 View Post
                        Anyone have more details on motor?

And are they using a donor car? 964?
                        The motor is a twin-turbo dry sump water-cooled 3.6-liter flat-six engine cranking out 700 horsepower and 649 lb-ft of torque. The car looks to be a full ground up Ruf build using a carbon monocoque chassis, no Porsche platform used from what I have seen for the first time in Ruf history.
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                          The motor is a twin-turbo dry sump water-cooled 3.6-liter flat-six engine cranking out 700 horsepower and 649 lb-ft of torque. The car looks to be a full ground up Ruf build using a carbon monocoque chassis, no Porsche platform used from what I have seen for the first time in Ruf history.
                          Awesome thanks!
                          Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Working...
                          X