sticky DV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticky DV

its sounds like my DV is staying open long after it dumps...... anyone familiar with forge DV's or hyperboost DV's?

Re: sticky DV

I believe Forge DV's and those types of piston DV need to be taken apart and lubed up about once a year. So yeah it could be sticking.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Hyperboost you unscrew.. then get a lithium grease or something similiar.. they should be cleaned every few months.

Comment

Thats why i like my APR R1 DV. No lubing or cleaning required.
        sigpic

Comment

probly won work on a saab though

Comment

fixed

Comment

Originally posted by lfried View Post
              fixed
              Pretty sure you don't need monthly maintenance, that is maybe overkill, but once in a while or if you have trouble, you could clean it. Also some cars end up with gunk in the intake system which is why people install catch cans, just an idea that might help in the long run.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

yeah, never a bad idea! ill maybe look at getting a paper cone filter, something without oil! any ideas?

Comment

I just put an hks ssqv onto my saab, sounds awesome and I just had to make a bracket to make my adaptor work. I don't think thats possible for you though is you are maf based.
                  06 Subaru STi
                  Volvo tech

Comment

naw, trionic 7 is wayyyy to picky! oh well, im thinking about grabbing the forge DV off Genuinesaab, nick's been good to me there!

Comment

Working...
                    X