Saab PhoeniX Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saab PhoeniX Concept

A year after gaining independence from GM, Saab is rising from the ashes with the stunning PhoeniX concept.

Penned by Jason Castriota, the PhoeniX wears Saab's new Aeromotional design language which incorporates aircraft-inspired styling elements. Notable highlights include butterfly doors, winglets, a twin-ripple hood, LED 'ice-block' headlights, and a distinctive front fascia which will likely been seen on future production models.

According to Castriota, "The PhoeniX establishes a new reference point for the future of Saab product design. It symbolizes a renaissance of the innovative spirit and passion that drove Saab to build its first car. We're now taking the visual DNA forward with what we call 'aeromotional' design, adding emotion, power and fluidity."

No interior pictures were released, but Saab says the cabin has a minimalist design with a 2+2 seating arrangement and an afterburner-inspired instrument cluster. More notably, the concept features an Android-based IQon infotainment system which can download third-party apps via the internet.

Under the hood, power is provided by a turbocharged 1.6-liter petrol engine that develops 200 PS (147 kW / 197 hp) and 250 Nm (185 lb-ft) of torque. It is backed up by a rear axle electric motor (dubbed eXWD) which churns out 34 PS (25 kW / 34 hp) and gives the car an all-wheel drive system. Thanks to this setup, the concept can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 5.9 seconds and hit an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph). More importantly, Saab estimates the PhoeniX will have a combined fuel consumption of 5.0L/100 km (56.5 mpg img / 47 mpg US) and CO2 emissions of 119 g/km.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Saab PhoeniX Concept

i dunno

Comment

I dont like the wing things, or the rear end, but that front is just pleasurable.
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I think you guys are forgetting that concepts are supposed to be a little bit out there. If they were to ever produce this it would be way watered down.

I like it

Pat

His
        1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
        1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
        1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
        2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
        Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

the front end looks like a honduh to me, same with the rear

Comment

side profile is cool

the rest is a shiney shoe haha

Comment

Those hoops are strange and the side profile look misproportioned somehow. But the front is dead sexy.
              Levi.W
              78 BMW 635CSi - Project
              91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

back view - it would make a nice gamer case ????
                put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

Thank goodness they're finally looking at doing something fresh instead of the neutered styling that GM did. I hope that Spyker can revive the brand with some fresh thinking instead of hand me down GM platforms.
                  "Paranoia is just the eerie sensation of knowing you're right"

Comment

I want the wheels, concave.
                    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Its win . toned down i can see this being so hawt
                      sigpic

Comment

I dig it, the side profile makes me happy. The front and wheels are gorgeous!

Music to permeate your soul …
                        Jayson
                        MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Saab has definitely risen from the ashes with its impressive PhoeniX concept. This car is the epitome of future style. I love how they call this car Aeromotional, which actually consists of aircraft-inspired styling elements. This car is so slick that it immediately makes a strong statement amongst its competitors. Also expect newly improved and enhanced Saab parts that last. Before looking into other cars, keep it in mind, who knows this might be your dream car.
                          Last edited by dariuswilkinson; 07-11-2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X