Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Saab 9-5 Love?

2006 Saab 9-5.

Run away or awesome grocery getter and daily driver?
    Tim
    "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Re: Any Saab 9-5 Love?

They are awesome when they work.

Comment

parts cost should come way down if the new owners make them in their homeland!
      MKV GTI
      '73 Westfalia

Comment

Absolutely fantastic cars, I don't understand why people try to say anything about the reliability. That car has been out for like 7 years. You won't have any problems with reliability that you wouldn't have with any other Euro car and parts aren't any more expensive. What you do need to look out for though is parts availability. I feel for any 9-3 owner that needs an ignition switch!
        Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Comment

My brother has an identical car, it has been reliable for him and he likes it. I find everything about the car to be nice except the look of the dash.
          GT3071R and more...

Comment

I've sold a few 9-3's no 9-5 but I loved the 9-3's. I drove one as personal car for a few months. Very fun car. Performs on all levels. Great bang for your buck right now (06+). When I did my research there wasn't any major issues like the older ones as far as reliability went. And lots of parts under the good are GM so shouldnt be hard to find most stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus Motors View Post
              I've sold a few 9-3's no 9-5 but I loved the 9-3's. I drove one as personal car for a few months. Very fun car. Performs on all levels. Great bang for your buck right now (06+). When I did my research there wasn't any major issues like the older ones as far as reliability went. And lots of parts under the good are GM so shouldnt be hard to find most stuff.
              +1
              Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Comment

Working...
              X