2013 Volvo V40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Volvo V40

After numerous leaked images and even a video, we can finally bring you official details of the all-new Volvo V40 that will join the battle in the premium hatchback market.

Under the hood, the new V40 will be available with the brand's very first diesel engine that boasts CO2 emissions of 94g/km. There will also be a number of other engines available at launch including a turbocharged T5 petrol unit that generates 254hp ( kW / PS ) which allows the V40 to accelerate from 0-100kph (0-62mph) in 6.7 seconds.

Volvo is yet to release full technical details of the entire engine line-up but we are told that all units will feature start-stop and braking energy regeneration technology and can be mated with manual or automatic transmission systems.

Volvo has a long proud tradition in the area of vehicle safety and the new V40 is equipped with a number of system with this in mind. These include a ground breaking Pedestrian Detection with Full Auto Brake as well as a collision avoidance system that operates at speeds under 50kph (31mph).

The new Volvo V40 is scheduled to be unveiled to the world's media at the Geneva Motor Show on March 6th. Production is due to begin at the company's plant in Ghent, Belgium in May 2012 and Volvo has targeted 90,000 annual sales with 85% of those heading for European customers

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2013 Volvo V40

God I find Volvo so boring nowadays!!!
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

It's amazing how many new cars are coming without the option of fog/driving lights. I remember 10 years ago when it was such a push to upgrade to fogs as they were "safer". I guess with hid technology, fogs are now going the way of the dinosaur.
      Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

I love the styling and the 250hp turbo engine - but - they will not come here.

Also those seats look awful.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

looks like it came up 2nd in an axe fight

Comment

I think it looks good except for the side profile. I like the interior.

As Kor said, the seats are kind of a fail, they never have enough bolstering.
            Jay

Comment

looks alright,
              but id never buy one
              ~~TODD~~
              '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

i actually really like this!
                Levi.W
                78 BMW 635CSi - Project
                91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                  God I find Volvo so boring nowadays!!!

You know i was a totally V.W guy for years,
                  Volvo is now my prime brand..don't knock it till you try it.
                  Bought my wife an Ocean race model and it will destroy any passat or crossover.(Disclaimer i still love V.W)

Comment

The R Design w/ Polestar is a sharp looking car!
                    Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Comment

Yes looks pretty good indeed! They are pushing this car hard over here with even some interactive bustop ads here that I have seen!

Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I want to see Polestar get their hands on this!
                        Levi.W
                        78 BMW 635CSi - Project
                        91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

Cross Country version now unveiled.

Blair

Comment

So what is the V40's main competitor? It looks good but as usual, interior falls short. Instrument cluster is better nowadays but yawnfest centre console!

This is coming from a guy who loves the 07 XC90 to death! Our school bus is awesome but very utilitarian.
                            Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X