Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible Polestar S60 Production?

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
    Well there lies the problem. Volvo won't make up their f*cking minds.
    No kidding. The common car nut has a hard time differentiating the two cars. The C30 with the Polestar tune is still a fun car to drive 250HP and 273 lb/ft is enough to have some fun. In that Jalopnik video, the dyno shows that it has quite a bit more power than that. Braking does suck, and handling isn't great but other than that, fun car.
    Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Comment

I think Volvo should do something like this, there would definitely be a market for this type of car and would attract a younger crowd to the brand
      12 Volvo XC 90
      03 Jetta1.8T
      95 Cabrio VRT
      90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

The production car was just released today. Looks to be a very watered down version. 350HP, 0-60 in 4.9. Sounds like an S4 competitor.

http://www.polestar.se/en-int/2013/i...-s60-polestar/
        Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Comment

Anyone know what the "Automatic Gearbox" is? I haven't followed Volvo too much but I didn't think they had a dual clutch transmission so is this a torque converter auto? If so blech.

Very excited to see this though even though we probably won't get it. V70R is still one of my favorite cars and had high hopes for a S40/V50 R version but it never happened.
          Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
            Anyone know what the "Automatic Gearbox" is? I haven't followed Volvo too much but I didn't think they had a dual clutch transmission so is this a torque converter auto? If so blech.

Very excited to see this though even though we probably won't get it. V70R is still one of my favorite cars and had high hopes for a S40/V50 R version but it never happened.
            Not sure about the tranny, but the v60 is coming to US market in early 2014 , hopefully in Canada also!

Like the Polestar, especially in the blue it is

More specs

http://www.swedespeed.com/artman2/pu..._Polestar.html
            Last edited by Lars; 04-17-2013, 08:55 PM.
            12 Volvo XC 90
            03 Jetta1.8T
            95 Cabrio VRT
            90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Looks like twin clutch to me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWTF-80_SC

Comment

They have had a new V40 R-Design sitting in my local mall for a couple weeks in Rebel Blue, does look pretty nice and they run for a little over £30K with the T5 here.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I got my Polestar tune today. I'm pretty excited for the rain to clear up to get the opportunity to open it up a little.

Comment

^In what car? I went RICA stage 1 on my S40 a couple weeks ago, I think it gives a very similar torque curve to the C30/S40 Polestar tune. Lots of fun in the mid range RPMs! They don't try keep the power as linear as the stock tune, so boost comes on fast. Glad I have AWD as I think it would be enough to light up the tires in 2nd.
                    Last edited by b spot; 05-30-2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by b spot View Post
                      ^In what car? I went RICA stage 1 on my S40 a couple weeks ago, I think it gives a very similar torque curve to the C30/S40 Polestar tune. Lots of fun in the mid range RPMs! They don't try keep the power as linear as the stock tune, so boost comes on fast. Glad I have AWD as I think it would be enough to light up the tires in 2nd.
                      I have a 2011 C30 R-Design. I also have an S40 in the garage, my roommates 2011 T5. I find the power to be quite linear with the P* tune, but still enough gains to make it fun. It's pricey but with 2 more years under warranty, I wanted to be safe. If my car were a couple years older, I'd have gone with Elevate.

Comment

Working...
                      X