V60 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V60 review

I know it's been A while but thought I would do this as I finally have some free time

Car was a Volvo v60 T5 awd full load in graphite black, with 19inch rims, booked a test drive while the wife's car was getting a service done to it, had it for @ 6 hrs and here a little review on it.

Good power delivery -280hp, very minimal turbo lag for an automatic (especially with the trans in sport mode using the paddle shifters )

Road noise and ride were exceptional good, thing handle great in turns and corners, being a wagon I thought the blind spots in the aft part might be bad but it was very unobtrusive, car had lane departure, adaptive cruise, pedestrian warnings, auto road sign reading ( read the speeds and sign and displays them in the cluster) back up camera (turns with vehicle path)

Tons of room inside, seat were typical Volvo.. So comfy and two tone with tons of adjustability
    Dash layout was good cluster illuminates 20 km either side of the vehicle speed. Rear seats had 40/20/40 spilt.

Lights where all led, didn't drive in dark but I assume they're good output

Price tag was high though $ 54,000

On to pics

12 Volvo XC 90
    03 Jetta1.8T
    95 Cabrio VRT
    90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Re: V60 review

I've been thinking of getting a different wagon for a replacement for my b6 Passat, and this one initially caught my eye. I did a quick build on the Volvo website and stopped at the $50K+. Just a couple of options and this car is getting up there in a hurry! I drive the Whitemud, Anthony Henday, 16A commute each day from south side Edmonton to Acheson each day and can't justify a $50k car getting beat up on those roads each year. I was thinking of maybe going the Subaru route as their new outback wagon is nicely equipped for $40k. I don't know of anyone who has a Subaru and I've never owned one before so I'm hesitant in jumping to a brand I have no experience with. This Volvo is just so good looking that when compared to the Subaru, the Subaru just looks blah.

Comment

Bitzer.. Go in to the dealer and also online we got a smoking deal on ours see what they'll do .
      12 Volvo XC 90
      03 Jetta1.8T
      95 Cabrio VRT
      90 G60 Corrado

Comment

These things are absolutely beautiful. I've seen some R-Designs around town and they sure are head turners. It'll be cool to see the V60 and S60 Polestars around town, though it'd be a rare sighting. I think this car has 250HP, rather than 280.
        Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Comment

Great looking car, not sold on those gauges but the rest looks very nice!!
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Ya numbers got mixed up T5 is 240 hp and 280 tq, T6 is 302 hp and 295 tq. Also had push start ignition . Can't wait to see the new xc90 reveal end of this month
            12 Volvo XC 90
            03 Jetta1.8T
            95 Cabrio VRT
            90 G60 Corrado

Comment

Working...
            X