Saab 9-3 sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saab 9-3 sedan

Ey - Anyone driven one? Whenever I saw a 9-3 in the street Id do a double take, I think they are hawt cars...and after looking at the pricing they are even hawter (43k for the 9-3 aero, which is a 2.8t 250hp/260tq 38ish for the 2.0t version which is 215/210)

Anyways, anyone know anything about these cars? I sure dont..

REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Re: Saab 9-3 sedan

i think they cost as much as an a4 or 3 series

www.saab.ca has the 93 starting @ 35
    and the 9-3 aero starting @ 42

i built the 9-3 aero and it came to 45 so a bit cheaper than an audi i spose..

i've seen the 9-3s xenons auto adjust on startup and its so cool looking but it doesn't make the car lol

for some reason on the online builder i couldn't get black leather with any color so dunno wtf is with that.

Comment

I don't know much but i'd agree they are hot. You may not like the interior so much as it seems to suffer from GM styling (at least they used to, they could be nicer).

One thing I DO know about them though is they have terrible resale (REALLY terrible) so you might want to look into one that's a couple year old as you'll probably save 15 grand.

I will say again, they are sweet looking, in fact I just saw a brand new one in our work parking lot.
      Jay

Comment

I know that they are hot!! I guess we will find out the rest when we go test drivin' on saturday.

Present
        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
        2003 VW Jetta GLI
        1992 VW Jetta GL
        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
          I know that they are hot!! I guess we will find out the rest when we go test drivin' on saturday.
          Yup, I like them, but they have unfortunately been under the GM umbrella since about '97, I do think they have more in common with an Opel than a GM though...
          2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
          2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
          2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Simon can chip them and they do look pretty good too
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

ya i was wondering about chips..I did a quick 30min look around for some saab forums and found info on bolt on turbos and whatnot (not that Id do that, rims..suspension maybe..thats it really) and a decently big mod scene (not like VW but, whatever)

so..now let me ask, would you consider a saab a euro car? It really is too bad about GM picking them up tho Well, I'll report back after this saturday when mr burns and I go out on a test-driving excursion (im thinking e46 330i or ci, saab 9-3 and 9-3 aero, possibly a used c32 amg sedan (they arent too expensive used) and perhaps an e90).

the one plus about GM is that in their current situation they are droping their pants to make the sale.
              -james

Comment

i'd consider the saab a euro..
                james you probably already know but you have to get the M package on the 330ci the 330ci i drove without the M sucked.. then a few days before i bought my S4 i gave the 330ci another chance and drove one with the M package and seats.. those seats are amazing!

Originally posted by James
                ya i was wondering about chips..I did a quick 30min look around for some saab forums and found info on bolt on turbos and whatnot (not that Id do that, rims..suspension maybe..thats it really) and a decently big mod scene (not like VW but, whatever)

so..now let me ask, would you consider a saab a euro car? It really is too bad about GM picking them up tho Well, I'll report back after this saturday when mr burns and I go out on a test-driving excursion (im thinking e46 330i or ci, saab 9-3 and 9-3 aero, possibly a used c32 amg sedan (they arent too expensive used) and perhaps an e90).

the one plus about GM is that in their current situation they are droping their pants to make the sale.

Comment

well, its not the M package you need..just sport seats..they come with a number of different packages (sport, preimum, executive and M packages all have the sport seats I believe)

but ya, the regular seats arent anything special, they're nice dont get me wrong, but the sport is the way to go
                  -james

Comment

Just for fun here's some Saab's doing some cool stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duFeu_-EzbM

And i'd consider a Saab a Euro.
                    Jay

Comment

Saab is euro for sure, and yes having GM losing 4.8 billion should help land a much better deal for you if you go that route.
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I would consider leasing one so you don't get hammered by the resale value. You will still have the Jetta for modding purposes.

Present
                        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                        2003 VW Jetta GLI
                        1992 VW Jetta GL
                        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

The 9-3 is sweet....the inside is pretty spartan though, but...the FMIC is GIGANTIC!! The guys on the audiworld forum wish we could fit it on our cars...

Comment

Oh yea, how did the test driving go? A Saab would be a nice collection to the club.
                            Jay

Comment

The test drive...

Well, Im attracted to the exterior look of that car, the interor however...feels quite GMish (better than most GMs but still...) After talking to the sales guy, we found out that they are still produced in Sweden which is good but overall, I wasnt too impressed.

The power was amazing, quite the car to drive (2.8L V6 Turbo puts out 250hp/258tq at the crank) but its still a FWD car (apparently they will have an AWD model by 2008). Overall, I was unimpressed with the gearbox as well, it just didnt feel smooth.

The major negative I found on that day was the price: 46k for the Saab I'd want..I walked over to crowfoot BMW (next door) and saw a 325i for 49. However, a dude my age walks into a BMW dealership and people avoid me like the plague so I didnt get to test drive the e90 :(

Personally, I prefer the look of the e46's (interior AND exterior) so if I go BMW Id likely go with 02 or 03 330i/xi
                              -james

Comment

Working...
                              X