Introduce yourself, Swede Lurkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Introduce yourself, Swede Lurkers

brand new to the site, drive a 2000 viggen! GS intake, fastest lap at flight school!

Comment

Sorry, Slow to the thread.

2004 VW Jetta Wagon (SOLD)

and now a 2004 Volvo V70 2.4 with a manual tranny
      2008 BMW 335i

Comment

Hello all,

Just signed up. SAABs have been in my family for years and years. My first car was a '87 900. Sold that and got a '99 Golf MKIII and though it was a cool car, it wasn't a SAAB. So I traded my in my VW for a '94 900S and have added to the collection since.

Cheers
        -dr-

'99 SAAB 9-3 turbo
        '97 SAAB 900 SE turbo
        '94 SAAB 900 sport
        '85 SAAB 900 turbo 16v
        '80 AUDI 5000S

Comment

you swede guys are verry camera shy . post some pics .
          sigpic

Comment

My dad has always loved saabs, owned a 96, 900, and a few 9000s. He decided to upgrade to a 06 bmw so gave his 95 saab cse to me. I love this thing to death, way better then any of my other cars. Just have to keep fixing it
            06 Subaru STi
            Volvo tech

Comment

soo pricey to fix!

Comment

Yeah pricey for some things, especially at the dealer. Lots of online sources for parts though, just have to shop around... They're not that hard to work on which helps. Had a Viggen a few years ago, just bought another one (couldn't resist).

Comment

Hi guys,

Just found this site while googling for VEMS ecu info and found one in your classifieds. Nice to find a Canadian site so I joined up.

Family hauler is a 2000 V70R. These are pics from last summer, since then the car had a tree fall on it and was totally repainted. Waiting on some other cosmetic details, and the car is now in winter mode with stock alloys and winter tires.

For the record - Nautic Pearl Blue looks amazing... IMHO - the nicest colour Volvo offered.

gallery of all the pics

My project car is an 86' Peugeot 505Turbo. Build is in progress and should be pretty crazy if all goes well.

Rabin
                  Regina, SK
                  Last edited by bean; 12-18-2008, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Wagon looks hot, welcome to the boards!!
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Thanks man!

It's a pretty rare car, and an even rarer colour combo. The stock 260 HP and 5-sp auto with AWD make it quite the sleeper too.

Had some little detail touches done when it was repainted, just waiting on an IPD grill and will be modding the lower grills to match and then having those colour matched to the car as well - hopefully in the new year some time.

Makes for a MUCH better family car than a mini-van!

Rabin

Comment

love your volvo . awesome
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone, I guess I am resurrecting this thread in an effort to be less anti-social.
                          First my introduction: My name is Matt, I am a draftsman and software developer by occupation. I am no stranger to the auto club scene, I was in the VW club for quite a while and have owned a handful of dubs.
                          My cars: Well my car is a completely stock (sans rice) 2001 Honda Civic Si. It has been a great little car for me and I don't really car how much it gets made fun of. I don't really have any good pictures.......

My wife's car (the interesting car) is a 1990 Volvo 740 GLE 16 valve. I bought the car off of my former boss for a good deal, I always admired the car because it is in really good shape. I am also a sucker for blah colors like tan and beige. The car has had a handful of problems but I really like this car and enjoy driving it, it rides so smooth! It has a boring automatic but it still seems somewhat peppy. I will take some new pictures soon including some engine bay shots. Oh and the car is completely stock.

This is the only rust on the car.

Anyways that's my life.
                          Last edited by 82diesel; 01-22-2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

740 is a pretty good car.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Just signed up for this site, looks good.
                              I have a 1999 Volvo S70 AWD, completely stock. It is a great daily driver car, especially in the winter. Looking forward to contributing to the site and seeing you guys at meets.

Cheers!
                              Levi.W
                              78 BMW 635CSi - Project
                              91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

you Volvo and Saab guys have to show up at my next BBQ,
                                because the V.W guys never do.(They are afraid of the Swed's) lol.
                                Last edited by VWSM; 02-06-2009, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X