Let your turbo's cool down...;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let your turbo's cool down...;)

Make sure to let your turbo's cool down after stopping!

VIDEO = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKVNre0URnQ

during

aftermath

in the UK their engine bays have everything reverse compared to here, bascially this 'would not happen' in a north american Volvo...anyway, long story short his oil feed line "melted" somehow, which in turn placed oil on the exhaust manifold, which stared the fire which melted the brake fluid reservoir, which caused just all hell to unfold

luckily they did get it out within a few minutes, and everyone was okay...the car is now being stripped of all other goodies he had in it to be used for another car...those crazy brits!!!

ciao
    Volvo - not just a car, it's an addiction

Re: Let your turbo's cool down...

muahahahah sweeeeeeeeeeet
    Tunerworks Performance Inc.
    Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
    .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
    STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

wow

Comment

That's why im going to get a fire extinguisher to mount in my trunk. There is a similar video with a heavily moddified MK4 GTI floating around, but sadly, it went up in flames.
        Tint sucks

Comment

If you ever have a fire, let it burn, fan the flames. You do NOT want a fixed fire damaged car.

Khyron
          Geoff
          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Duby T
            That's why im going to get a fire extinguisher to mount in my trunk. There is a similar video with a heavily moddified MK4 GTI floating around, but sadly, it went up in flames.

This One?
            Graeme

2015 S4
            2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
              If you ever have a fire, let it burn, fan the flames. You do NOT want a fixed fire damaged car.

Khyron

whaaa??? he did manage to save most of the other stuff on the car...let it burn my arse...

ciao

Comment

Originally posted by Tha VZA

whaaa??? he did manage to save most of the other stuff on the car...let it burn my arse...

ciao
                I think he's getting at the fact that the car will never be returned to the way it was prior to the fire..The integrity of the frame and **** like that are compromised in a fire like that
                REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                -james

Comment

^^^ yes but they are going to strip the car of its good bits and use it on another one.

Comment

^^^ yes indeed

thus why "letting it go to **** and burn all up" is a bad idea

ciao

Comment

I've been driving a car that lit up worse that that volvo...You could save interior bits and whatnot but you wouldnt want ANYTHING from the engnie bay haha.

Fire was contained to the bay but,as usual, insurance tried to screw me on what they'd give for a new engine..saying they could use the block and whatnot as the heat damage didnt destroy it, just made it weaker..Ya thanks a bunch

Next time, Id for sure let the sucker burn. Car was recently appraised so would have got close to what its worth instead of a measly couple grand to make it run again..
                      REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                      -james

Comment

Working...
                      X