Awesome Swedish C30 Configurator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Swedish C30 Configurator

The official C30 configurator from Sweden, some super cool options and a very cool website, hours and hours of fun

http://www.volvocars.se/campaigns/Lo...nansiering.htm
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Awesome Swedish C30 Configurator

Any more word on what pricing may be here? I'm damn interested in this car but an S40 T5 starts @ 38,000 and goes to 47,000 optioned up. How can Volvo sell this car in the mid 30's loaded up?

Comment

$28-32,000 is the estimated base price, but we should see only one engine choice, the T5. So loaded I think will be upper 30s, maybe???
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Seems like a lot of S40 interior bits on it. Its going to be interesting to see how it drives though. I read that its pretty front heavy with the T5 in it, hope they let me take it for a good boot at work.
        06 Subaru STi
        Volvo tech

Comment

Looking good!!!

Blair

Comment

s3 competitor?
            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

that does look pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by edicius
                Seems like a lot of S40 interior bits on it. Its going to be interesting to see how it drives though. I read that its pretty front heavy with the T5 in it, hope they let me take it for a good boot at work.
                Well it's in the same product line so the interior will be almost exactly the same (same goes for the C70).

I agree, it looks hot. My wife is telling me to get one for a second car!

If it does come in the price range mentioned in the T5 it's worth it. It will probably handle better than my V50 and I have no complaints with it's handling.
                Jay

Comment

Sorry to ask...but how's the V50 handling compare to your VW references?

Comment

Fith Gear review of the C30, I am liking this car more and more everyday

Blair

Comment

Originally posted by kuhli
                      Sorry to ask...but how's the V50 handling compare to your VW references?
                      Oops, sorry, missed this......unfortunately I haven't driven MK4's TOO much and the MK3 I had was not really a "sporty" car (read CL with 90 hp) but I must say once we had the 24hr test drive I was in love. I will say that it def feels more solid and crisp than some of the VW's i've drivern. It's actually really well balanced. I find I really have try for it to start understeering. And I'm told that a with a rear swaybar from IPD you can eliminate almost any understeer. I'm not an expert driver by any means but I just don't get tired of this car. It did feel a tiny bit slower than a 2.0T with DSG (we cross shopped with an A3 and it's possible that it is but I would attribute that to the extra weight and loss of the AWD. If it is slower it's likely not by much. The only FWD V50/S40 I drove was an Auto so it's kind of hard to compare.

The weakest link of the car are the tires, they are absolutely horrible and i've actually thought of just taking them off and getting new ones. Apart from that I have no complaints (well except for the ride height ) But I hope to get that fixed.

It should be noted that I have the T5 AWD with sport package, experience may vary, but if you are curious i'd check one out. The financing is quite good too. If you want the name of our salesman (was a really good experience) pm me and I'll give you more details.
                      Jay

Comment

Official Canadian Prices!

Toronto, Ontario - Volvo Canada has announced that the all-new C30 will have a starting price of $27,495 when it goes on sale in early April. The model is Volvo's latest entry into the emerging premium compact segment.

The model range will start with the C30 2.4i, using a 168-hp five-cylinder engine and five-speed transmission; the T5 version, with 218-hp turbocharged five-cylinder engine and six-speed manual transmission will start at $31,995. The T5 includes an electronic climate control system, more powerful audio system, and leather-trimmed wheel and shifter knob.

Available options on the 2.4i will include a $2,150 Premium Package of electronic climate control, heated seats, leather wheel and shifter knob, power driver's seat and aluminum inlays, or a $3,000 Sport Package, which adds headlamp washers, fog lights, front spoiler, and 17-inch wheels. On the T5, the $3,400 Sport Package adds heated front seats, power driver's seat, headlamp washers, garage door opener, bi-Xenon headlamps, auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass, 17-inch wheels and sport-tuned chassis. Other options and accessories will be available for both models.
                        Blair

Comment

Too bad for me, too much money! Mazdaspeed 3 me for more practicality and power. A 4 dr GTI in the running as well...
                          Last edited by kuhli; 12-14-2006, 09:55 AM.

Comment

35,395 for a T5 with sport package (trust me it's worth it ) that's not too bad actually, that should compete well with the GTI especially as it has some features that the GTI doesn't (like Bi-xenon and dual electronic climate control).

Not sure what other options would be available, I imagine Leather, rain sensing wipers and such that are available on the s40/V50 models.

Oh, and the Premium Audio system is awesome as well, nice that it's standard on the T5 as it's currently a 1000 upgrade (assuming it's the same system).

I gotta say, I was kinda worried about the price, but having seen it, i'm actually quite excited about this car!

Oh, I also read last night that Ford and Getrag are planning on releasing a dual clutch transmission as early as 2007. The Euro Diesel will likely get the first one with some N/A models to follow!!
                            Last edited by Tuna; 12-14-2006, 10:36 AM.
                            Jay

Comment

Working...
                            X