Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: painting my car..

James if you buy one of those you can rent it out to club members
    Warren why is it illegal to paint a car in your own garage? I don't see how they can tell me what to do in my own property.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

if that was the case you could grow marijuana legally

Comment

I would for sure rent it out..Ill be buying it when i get back from asia..going for one month in may..woot. Ill keep you guys updated.
        Last edited by blackradon; 03-27-2010, 11:37 PM.
        James
        mk4 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
          Warren why is it illegal to paint a car in your own garage? I don't see how they can tell me what to do in my own property.
          Its because of the toxic fumes and the zoning of your neighbourhood that determines if its legal or not. It most residentially zoned areas...its highly illegal. Its like the other fellow said on this thread, that got hauled into the fire inspectors truck and almost got fined. Its not a cheap fine by no means! And body shops have filters on the exhaust of those paint fumes. Odds are that a home garage with a "big" fan, won't have the filter on the exhaust side to catch the harmful particles that are being projected into the neighbourhood. Your neighbours will not like the smell of car paint either.
          TWO TON ENGINE LIFT/CRANE FOR RENT
          PM me if you need one!!

Comment

Also you have to pay the piper. The toxic fumes thing is true, but in reality they just want you to have the permit. With a permit, comes a spec your 'booth' will have to meet.

Comment

Yup, Ve dub summed it up. (that almost rimes) and the fines are steep, in the hundreds of thousands. (at least in the 90's they were)
              Warren
              11 Audi S5

Comment

find where your furnace is if you have an attached garage.

you dont want any air from the garage being able to get near the air intake for the furnace or bad things happen.
                Team Highschool
                Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Working...
                X