How to fight the geen/red light cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to fight the geen/red light cams

some of you guys are idiots and need to go back to highschool and take an introduction to law class. The amount of BS floating around in this thread is crazy.

The "law act" as you call it, its called the LAW, and its what specifies what is enforced by police officers. You know when you get a ticket and they write down that little string of numbers of the law you broke....those numbers correspond to a section of the Alberta Traffic Safety Act. The police dont get to enforce rules they make up. The rules, or laws, are defined by the alberta government and are placed into the traffic safety act.

The wonderful thing about living in a democratic society, without limited internet search provisions, is the government actually allows you to look these things up and read about them.

They define things such as, if there isn't a posted speed limit what the max and min speeds are, if there's a playground or school what the default speeds are, and if you are on a road under construction, regardless of whether there are signs or not, what the default speed is.

Ignorance of a public law is not a defense for breaking it.

Now....as for this only applying to highways as you want to define them. Wrong again.
    every term is clearly defined in the traffic safety act under the Definitions heading.

For example:
    (p) “highway” means any thoroughfare, street, road, trail, avenue, parkway, driveway, viaduct, lane, alley, square, bridge, causeway, trestleway or other place or any part of any of them, whether publicly or privately owned, that the public is ordinarily entitled or permitted to use for the passage or parking of vehicles and includes

(i) a sidewalk, including a boulevard adjacent to the sidewalk,

(ii) if a ditch lies adjacent to and parallel with the roadway, the ditch, and

(iii) if a highway right of way is contained between fences or between a fence and one side of the roadway, all the land between the fences, or all the land between the fence and the edge of the roadway, as the case may be,

but does not include a place declared by regulation not to be a highway;

So those sections of 115 i copied and pasted earlier in this thread, they basically apply to every public road in the province not just things like the deerfoot.
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

So in that case, what ARE the minimum speed limits for highways, and all these other roads, streets, pathways you speak of? for instance, what is the minimum speed limit in a playground zone? a residential 50 zone? a 70 zone such as barlow? the 100 zone on deerfoot? or the 110 zone of the QEII once you are past city limits?

Most people dont know how to read the rules of the road when they are posted on big signs, yet the government expects them to memorize other rules?
      Patryk
      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
      08 VW .:R32
      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

i'm not saying what the gov't does it right or wrong, im just telling you what they do. And thats all that matters because that is what a police officer and a judge are going to apply when determining whether or not you broke the law.
        Team Highschool
        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

True, however this still does not explain what these "established minimum speeds" are supposed to be, and why they are not posted along with the established maximum speeds...
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

why don't you guys just slow down to the speed limit when you see a camera sign? they are clear as day, and if you fail to notice signs on the side of the road, what else are you missing?

memorial and 28th has a camera sign. the limit is 80. it's 3 lanes wide and at night, easily 100kms/hr. get close to the lights, slow, pass through, speed up again. pretty easy and no tickets. i used that example because it's near my house and i go through it everyday.
            you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

I agree, you see the sign slow down. Doesn't take a genius.

My wrong apparently on the Hwy call. I thought HWY's were under their own HWY Safety Act.

But what are the minimum speeds? As the other day I was on deerfoot behind a seriously old guy in Hyundai PONY and he was going 30, felt like I was the pace car at Indy. That is dangerous as ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildfire View Post
                I think its more of 'keeping up with the flow of traffic speed'. I mean if your on Deerfoot and everyone is doing lets say 100km and your driving along at 50km consistently then I think it would be game to get a ticket....
                Funny how if you aren't going with the flow of traffic, but if you do and it is over the limit you get a ticket. Like rondal did.

Comment

This goes out to everyone in this threadz

Originally posted by RedMile
                  Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
                  Originally posted by Smarty39
                  haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

I agree with 100%Vagitarain, just sow down when you see the big white camera sign, you won't miss, and then speed up!

When this thread started I don't know if it was supposed to be a joke or if you actually suggested a city wide "drive slow to piss the gov't off?" But that was really stupid... now the vandalism seems much more effective!
                    MIKE
                    '03 GTi VR6

Comment

Aren't there no slow moving vehicle signs on deerfoot tr. (or on the on-ramps to deerfoot tr.)?
                      put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

Working...
                      X