Buy Carbon Dioxide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Carbon Dioxide

Does anyone have any idea where I can buy this stuff, I need it for a chem project?
    Nick
    There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    --Albert Einstein

Re: Buy Carbon Dioxide

Originally posted by Smartiepants
    Does anyone have any idea where I can buy this stuff, I need it for a chem project?
    In what format are you looking for it. You can get it in the form of dry ice, that when it melts it turns into CO2 gas. You can also get it in canisters, either medical or industrial grade.

Try Praxair in Calgary, they sell welding supplies, and dry ice. They should be able to set you up, depending on how much you need. They are located at 609 42 ave se, right up the hill on blackfoot from C1.

Gaf
    Last edited by gaffer; 11-25-2003, 05:30 PM.
    www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Smartiepants
      you can buy Carbon Dioxide cartriges for pellet guns at wal-mart, canadian tire, etc...

Present
      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
      2003 VW Jetta GLI
      1992 VW Jetta GL
      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

you can buy C02 catridges for pellet guns at any crappy tire or walmart but they are pressurize so dunno if that would help or not

Comment

Yeah the pressure ones aren't going to help me. I phoned praxair and the smallest they sell are alot more than I need. I just need to bubble it through water to make acid. To bad NO2 and SO2 are controlled substances. Medical supply places wouldn't let me buy it. Guess its back to breathing into water, and using me as a source of CO2. Does anyone know if the university could get me some, they must have it. Only problem is moving it lol.
          Nick
          There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

mike i think we posted the exact thing at the same time

Comment

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to do?

It is too bad it is not summer, as I was buying dry ice from them 120kg per week, and I could have given you some.

Gaf

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

I'm supposed to do a research project on the conditions neccessary to form acid rain. So basically since CO2 is the only non controlled and somewhat readily available substance I'm using it and water, in order to make carbonic acid. I'll be doing things such as varying temperature and pressure and plot the pH vs time of the reaction.
                Nick
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
                  mike i think we posted the exact thing at the same time
                  that's hilarious

Present
                  2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                  2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                  2003 VW Jetta GLI
                  1992 VW Jetta GL
                  1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

If you have connections at a grocery store (someone that works in the back) you might be able to find some dry ice. Sometimes they use it in shipping.
                    Jay

Comment

Hmm does moxies still use dry ice in their sundays ? .. possibly get a hunk from them
                      William

Comment

Try one of the fish markets in the city, that is likely something that they would use during transport of fresh fish. Tell them what you want it for, and they should help you out.

Gaf

Comment

Working...
                        X