No announcement yet.

Anyone have PRK and Lasik eye surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have PRK and Lasik eye surgery?

Really thinking about having it done, just looking to hear from anyone who had it done. Thinking of getting it done at Gimbel Eye Centre if I go ahead with it.

Re: Anyone have PRK and Lasik eye surgery?

I had it done about 12 years ago, has degraded a bit since then but still not bad. Do a search on the forums it has been covered before, also with one horror story.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I had it about 10 years ago....best thing I ever did but I have never been so scared. When they fire up the machine every inch of you wants to run far away but your brain is telling you "Don't move at all so you don't screw it up". Smelling your eye ball burning is not for the faint of heart.
      2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Had mine done in December of 09' and it has been great! Obviously a little nervous going in but everything went smoothly. I was blind as a bat too (-6.25r, -7.00l) and I could see perfectly within 24 hours! I had it done at LasikMD and would recommend them...just don't believe their radio adds saying $499/eye lol
        Kyle
        2000 Audi S4

Comment

Anyone with good eyesight will never understand what it's like waking up in the middle of the night and trying to find something …

I'm holding out for a few more years before looking at doing it myself, I fear my eyes will continue to degrade at their current rate; making the operation null.

Music to permeate your soul …
          Jayson
          MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
            I had it done about 12 years ago, has degraded a bit since then but still not bad. Do a search on the forums it has been covered before, also with one horror story.

Tried doing the search and only could find this one.... http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...ht=eye+surgery and there wasn't that much covered there.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicalGenius View Post
              Anyone with good eyesight will never understand what it's like waking up in the middle of the night and trying to find something …

I'm holding out for a few more years before looking at doing it myself, I fear my eyes will continue to degrade at their current rate; making the operation null.
              I believe most places will do an assessment and they will usually only do the procedure if you're prescription has only changed less than a certain amount.

My eyesight isn't bad enough for me to justify. I know a couple people that have had it done and had good results.

I do remember the horror story on here though, pretty scary.
              Jay

Comment

Looks like his blog link is dead, send tintin a message and I am sure he can fill you in. I will say his is the worst story I have read about and almost all turn out just fine.
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Smarty39 View Post
                  Had mine done in December of 09' and it has been great! Obviously a little nervous going in but everything went smoothly. I was blind as a bat too (-6.25r, -7.00l) and I could see perfectly within 24 hours! I had it done at LasikMD and would recommend them...just don't believe their radio adds saying $499/eye lol
                  if you don't mind how much was yours, my eyes are slightly better than yours -6.5 and -6 . with astigmitisim. i'm expecting 1500 each eye. also is it a tax write off??

Comment

I am pretty sure anything cosmetic is not a write off.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                      if you don't mind how much was yours, my eyes are slightly better than yours -6.5 and -6 . with astigmitisim. i'm expecting 1500 each eye. also is it a tax write off??
                      I had astigmitism in both eyes and I believe it was $3500 all said and done. I tell everyone that I would've paid 10x that much though, it is SOOOOO awesome not worrying about contacts and glasses...and being able to see my alarm clock in the morning is nice too lol!
                      Kyle
                      2000 Audi S4

Comment

I was looking into this myself. I went to the Gimbal eye center for a consultation back in 2009. They will do some tests and recommend what procedure is best for your eye (i.e PRk or lazik etc). Ive spoken to friends and family members who have had this done. All recommend it as its been worth it. My ex girlfriend had hers done and her eyesight is fine, but when she drives at night, car headlights seem like starbursts.
                        Current: 2002 Zonda CRV
                        2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI
                        2001 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (European)

Comment

Originally posted by Wildfire View Post
                          My ex girlfriend had hers done and her eyesight is fine, but when she drives at night, car headlights seem like starbursts.
                          Haloing is a very common side effect, some even get that issue with glasses.

Comment

Well I'm going to Gimbel on Tuesday for the assessment guess we'll get how it goes from there....I'm expecting around $3500 but who knows, and I'm thinking PRK from the people that I've talked to about it and the lifestyle that I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                              Haloing is a very common side effect, some even get that issue with glasses.
                              I get that without glasses, yay.

Music to permeate your soul …
                              Jayson
                              MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Working...
                              X