Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Hosting Deal

http://www.1and1.com

They just launched. They are offering 3 years of hosting, 500mb per person with 5gb transfer per month. No credit card needed, you just gotta call and talk to someone on the phone to verify that you are human.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Re: Sweet Hosting Deal

ya i heard about that a long time ago. no thanks though. if you dont pay for something, you cant sue them. aahaah.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

This is a sweet deal!

Originally posted by bart
      ya i heard about that a long time ago. no thanks though. if you dont pay for something, you cant sue them. aahaah.
      2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Anyone else tried this out? I am thinking I might givbe it a go but I think I will get a domain elsewhere so they won't have my credit card #.

Originally posted by Kor
        http://www.1and1.com

They just launched. They are offering 3 years of hosting, 500mb per person with 5gb transfer per month. No credit card needed, you just gotta call and talk to someone on the phone to verify that you are human.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I am pretty sure you don't have to give 1and1 your credit card number. A friend of mine did it and he said that he gave them no payment related information.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

This might be fine for a personal web site, or something else you don't care about, but I wouldn't put an important site on a service like this. Nobody gets something for free. There is a cost (ie: risk) involved in these sites because they can just disappear without notice and then you have to scramble to relocate your site. As I stated, this probably isn't a problem for a personal site, but if you're a corporation and that million dollar deal just walked right past you because your site was down, that might be a problem.

Just my $0.02.
            billip
            2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Well looking at there data center they look reliable. Plus their head company is worth something like $10 USD and was the first small ISP to go public I believe.

Originally posted by Middleton
              This might be fine for a personal web site, or something else you don't care about, but I wouldn't put an important site on a service like this. Nobody gets something for free. There is a cost (ie: risk) involved in these sites because they can just disappear without notice and then you have to scramble to relocate your site. As I stated, this probably isn't a problem for a personal site, but if you're a corporation and that million dollar deal just walked right past you because your site was down, that might be a problem.

Just my $0.02.
              2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by QuA
                Well looking at there data center they look reliable. Plus their head company is worth something like $10 USD and was the first small ISP to go public I believe.
                Well I had a look at their web site just now, and perhaps I got the wrong impression about this particular company. They look like a reputable company. I still believe you should exercise caution in picking free web hosting places, but this particular place might be ok.
                billip
                2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Working...
                X