xbox question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xbox question

I have an internal hard drive stuffed full of movies and music in my PC. Can I put it in an external case and plug it into my new Xbox and transfer the movies to it or play it right from that hard drive. Tried streaming via Windows Media Player from the PC but too choppy and there really isn't a way to get a hardwired network connection to where the Xbox is. Also I plan to get Forza 4 soon and start playing. Any recommendations for steering wheels that are reasonably priced?
    2012 VW Jetta GLI

Re: xbox question

I believe the short answer is no you can't unless you format said hdd to work on the 360. It has to be formatted as FAT32 and the partition or drive must be a maximum of 16gb. You can format it using the 360 but it will erase any content that it already on there.

I could be wrong though, I've only used external storage for games and my profiles.

Edit: regarding wheels, I've got an older microsoft one I'd be willing to sell. Only thing wrong with it is it's really dusty.
    Last edited by Tuna; 01-04-2012, 09:55 PM.
    Jay

Comment

Sort out your network issues. You should be able to stream no problem. I stream from my linux pc to ps3 without issue, I'd expect MS stuff to coperate.
      GT3071R and more...

Comment

If you want to spend some money, Fanatec is what you want for a wheel.

We have a Eurodrivers club for Forza 4 too.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

i have a xbox wheel i'd be willing to sell. its been used maybe 10 times.
          Team Highschool
          Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

You could just buy an external HDD caddy for your HDD, and plug it in to the USB port on the xbox. Not 100% sure that will play media, but I have updated the system on a flash drive that way. If you have a USB flash drive, put a movie, or song on it and try plugging it in!

Comment

buy a popcorn hour or a boxee box and use it for media.. xbox for games

fanatec is pure baller if you super cereal about forza

http://www.fanatec.de/

you want the CSR set that is new

Comment

I am going to say yes.

I used a thumb drive for a long time just stuck into the front of my Xbox, and I am about 90% sure I used a portable HD a couple times on it, but can't fully remember, haven't done it in ages.

Comment

Working...
                X