• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Top Gear Sunday!

Rambulance!
    -Mike

Comment

Still a very funny episode I think, albeit with not much useful car information. I can catch only a quick glimpse of myself in spots, a bit more of the Mrs but nothing to substantial. They did trim the news down considerably (The Mclaren new car joke went on a long time, with props even) and they trimmed the Ricciardo down a fair bit too, although glad to see they left in the giving the finger to the Hamilton fan.
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Sent from my perch atop Mount Olympus
        --
        Rod
        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I was scanning for you and Sarah in the crowd but couldn't spot you guys! Good episode, though! This season has been so much better than last season so far.
          2008 Audi RS4
          2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Chilean coffee mugs FTW
            --
            Rod
            Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
            2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
              Not me, this is the Ricciardo intro and I am more to the left (Clarkson's right) and I think as they pan in you can see Sarah quickly as she is right at the front.

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
              Chilean coffee mugs FTW
              They had coasters too, but that did not come across on the show, I think Ricciardo held one up but that was edited out.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

nice blair!!

yea this season has been great so far

i have to watch the argentina special still too

Comment

Really cool you got to be on set! I'm sure you've got some cool pictures while you were on set.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                    Really cool you got to be on set! I'm sure you've got some cool pictures while you were on set.
                    It was a great experience for sure.

Will Smith is the star this week and I think the AMG GT, M4 and i8 are supposed to be on as well.
                    Blair

Comment

Another solid episode with some very nice cars in it. I am surprised the i8 economy numbers are really that bad, but it also seems to sound pretty good for a 3 cylinder hybrid.

The news was a lot of the same stories from the previous week that did not make it on the ambulance episode, so I guess some they just keep re-doing till they make it to the final cut of the program.
                      Blair

Comment

That Land Rover bit was epic! I wish I can find a power takeoff winch like that, but an OEM one is a unicorn.
                        Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Finally some proof!

Blair

Comment

[QUOTE=Canadian Turbo;329671but it also seems to sound pretty good for a 3 cylinder hybrid.[/QUOTE]

Its all fake. BMW is pumping the enhanced engine sound inside and outside of these. Although fake loud sounds for and electric is great idea for pedestrians.

http://www.slashgear.com/bmw-i8-will...ians-31323128/

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                            Finally some proof!

Still one of the top three haircuts on ED. Grass doesn't grow on a busy street.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                              Another solid episode with some very nice cars in it. I am surprised the i8 economy numbers are really that bad, but it also seems to sound pretty good for a 3 cylinder hybrid.
                              It is all about how fast you drive and Jeremy drove fast. You can't change the laws of physics. Drive 50 mph and it will get great mileage. Drive in town where the battery can regenerative brake and you will get good mileage. Drive 90 mph and you will get crap mileage.....

Comment

Originally posted by Red90 View Post
                                It is all about how fast you drive and Jeremy drove fast. You can't change the laws of physics. Drive 50 mph and it will get great mileage. Drive in town where the battery can regenerative brake and you will get good mileage. Drive 90 mph and you will get crap mileage.....
                                True. It's the same with gas mileage. But who expected the i8 to be grandma driven?

I need to get Garth back up and running. Damn that Land Rover bit!
                                Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X