X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joker
    replied
    Re: Top Gear Sunday!

Eh, it's the same with gas cars. Drive like a mad man the RS7 gets like 9mpg. On the highway I think it's like 28mpg.

Still the i8 looks nice but for the price I'd rather have a P85D.
    Last edited by Joker; 02-17-2015, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• flipstah
    replied

Originally posted by Red90 View Post
    It is all about how fast you drive and Jeremy drove fast. You can't change the laws of physics. Drive 50 mph and it will get great mileage. Drive in town where the battery can regenerative brake and you will get good mileage. Drive 90 mph and you will get crap mileage.....
    True. It's the same with gas mileage. But who expected the i8 to be grandma driven?

I need to get Garth back up and running. Damn that Land Rover bit!

Leave a comment:

• Red90
    replied

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
    Another solid episode with some very nice cars in it. I am surprised the i8 economy numbers are really that bad, but it also seems to sound pretty good for a 3 cylinder hybrid.
    It is all about how fast you drive and Jeremy drove fast. You can't change the laws of physics. Drive 50 mph and it will get great mileage. Drive in town where the battery can regenerative brake and you will get good mileage. Drive 90 mph and you will get crap mileage.....

Leave a comment:

• bobkatkat
    replied

[QUOTE=Canadian Turbo;329671but it also seems to sound pretty good for a 3 cylinder hybrid.[/QUOTE]

Its all fake. BMW is pumping the enhanced engine sound inside and outside of these. Although fake loud sounds for and electric is great idea for pedestrians.

http://www.slashgear.com/bmw-i8-will...ians-31323128/

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
    Finally some proof!

Still one of the top three haircuts on ED. Grass doesn't grow on a busy street.

Leave a comment:

• Canadian Turbo
    replied

Finally some proof!

Leave a comment:

• flipstah
    replied

That Land Rover bit was epic! I wish I can find a power takeoff winch like that, but an OEM one is a unicorn.

Leave a comment:

• Canadian Turbo
    replied

Another solid episode with some very nice cars in it. I am surprised the i8 economy numbers are really that bad, but it also seems to sound pretty good for a 3 cylinder hybrid.

The news was a lot of the same stories from the previous week that did not make it on the ambulance episode, so I guess some they just keep re-doing till they make it to the final cut of the program.

Leave a comment:

• Canadian Turbo
    replied

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
    Really cool you got to be on set! I'm sure you've got some cool pictures while you were on set.
    It was a great experience for sure.

Will Smith is the star this week and I think the AMG GT, M4 and i8 are supposed to be on as well.

Leave a comment:

• witchcraftz
    replied

Really cool you got to be on set! I'm sure you've got some cool pictures while you were on set.

Leave a comment:

• R_Ethug
    replied

nice blair!!

yea this season has been great so far

i have to watch the argentina special still too

Leave a comment:

• Canadian Turbo
    replied

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
    Not me, this is the Ricciardo intro and I am more to the left (Clarkson's right) and I think as they pan in you can see Sarah quickly as she is right at the front.

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
    Chilean coffee mugs FTW
    They had coasters too, but that did not come across on the show, I think Ricciardo held one up but that was edited out.

Leave a comment:

• Ur0Drivr
    replied

Chilean coffee mugs FTW

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

I was scanning for you and Sarah in the crowd but couldn't spot you guys! Good episode, though! This season has been so much better than last season so far.

Leave a comment:

• Ur0Drivr
    replied

Sent from my perch atop Mount Olympus

Leave a comment:

• Canadian Turbo
    replied

Still a very funny episode I think, albeit with not much useful car information. I can catch only a quick glimpse of myself in spots, a bit more of the Mrs but nothing to substantial. They did trim the news down considerably (The Mclaren new car joke went on a long time, with props even) and they trimmed the Ricciardo down a fair bit too, although glad to see they left in the giving the finger to the Hamilton fan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X