Clarkson, Hammond & May Sunday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Top Gear Sunday!

Well since I should be sitting down to watch the new episode of the show in just a few hours, and instead there is a show about the Red Arrows on, I have taken a little time to reflect on this issue. Now I am not really sure if we truly know what occurred at the alleged incident and how much did or did not happen, and of course I am not in support of any physical violence against a staff member. I am however feeling that the BBC is very hypocritical in things and as we are all reminded of Clarkson's previous transgressions, I think it should be highlighted that most of these events occurred during episodes of the show and since these shows are not live people at the BBC have edited and approved the content for broadcast. The network has used his controversial nature to enhance the popularity of the show and now apparently have had enough despite the success and the monster they have helped create.

I undoubtedly will be very sad if the show is no more, but I have to feel for Clarkson and think that cutting ties with the BBC might be the best, I just hope we see another form of the show sooner than later.
    Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 03-15-2015, 10:33 AM.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Well put, Blair - my sentiments exactly.
      2008 Audi RS4
      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Looks like this weekends episode is officially cancelled and the tribunal is supposed to be underway to determine Clarkson's fate. There is still a chance they could do the last episode and the other issue is they are set to do 4 live shows at the end of the month in Norway and then all Top Gear contracts expire (three hosts) so the rest of the Live tour is in doubt now.

The replacement show on Sunday night on BBC2 saw an 80% decline in viewership compared with a normal episode of Top Gear.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

You've been killing it with the double posts recently Blair!

Pat

His
          1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
          1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
          1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
          2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
          Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Looks like the beans are spilled here -
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=48h-q-FEBSw

Comment

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
              Looks like the beans are spilled here -
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=48h-q-FEBSw

Now...I know spanish...and I'm a little bit doubtful as to the translation...
              --
              Rod
              Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
              2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Pretty funny stuff!!

The latest statement from the BBC:

Following last week’s suspension of Jeremy Clarkson, Ken MacQuarrie is now considering the evidence and will report to the Director-General on his findings next week.

Once this has been considered, we will set out any further steps.

The BBC will not be offering further commentary until then.

I have also read that Hammond and May refused to record anything without Clarkson and they are still selling tickets for Top Gear live next week in Norway!
                Blair

Comment

Hamster says via Facebook that there will be some sort of announcement at 15:00GMT (9:00MST).

*Dun dun dunnnnn*
                  Last edited by chalms04; 03-20-2015, 08:43 AM.
                  Matt
                  IG: @chalmsmkvi

Comment

hmm says "new top gear host to be announced".

Comment

Jennifer Clarkson!

Last edited by chalms04; 03-20-2015, 09:08 AM.
                      Matt
                      IG: @chalmsmkvi

Comment

http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-31989571
                        Stefan
                        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

It's official...

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...t-on-clarkson/
                          Scott
                          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Was just about to post that...

Kind of a misleading statement. Will not renew his contract but they are looking to release the last 3 episodes of this season. So with Clarkson or not? Regardless, guaranteed the 3 end up together on a new show by next year
                            Kyle
                            2000 Audi S4

Comment

complete failure on BBCs part

fans will boycott the show

i know a few people don't like clarkson but c'mob he's super funny and a euro car hero at the end of the day
                              i'm sure he has enough coin to just retire and take it easy too but Hammond and May will probably quit now too

redoing the entire show after 20+ seasons is just crap

stig should remove his helmet and swear about this one too

the only guy out there that IMO could come into top gear and make it worth while is Chris Harris

Comment

Well it is very sad to see but I understand it being tough for them to side with Clarkson when he assaulted another staff member, but really I am not sure he should have been on a final strike as per my previous comments. Over here the lead to replace him seems to be Chris Evans, but I am not sure that is the right fit and it really depends what Hammond and May seem to want to do as all their contracts are up in less than a week, so the BBC will have Top Gear but no hosts perhaps. I imagine they will release the remaining episodes in some format, no studio stuff but I am sure there is plenty of footage to fill a couple hours already in the can.

The other rumor is that Netflix has already been circling Clarkson so perhaps the three of them get a new show somewhere else...
                                Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 03-25-2015, 10:22 AM.
                                Blair

Comment

Working...
                                X