Clarkson, Hammond & May Sunday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Top Gear Sunday!

And I must add I am sure glad I got to see an episode filming this series as it will never be the same!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I really hope the three of them get a new show somewhere else... I can't imagine that would be too difficult for them to do. Too many people love the show as it is now, so someone will want to take all three of them and simply make a new version of it, more or less.
      Scott
      '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
      '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Hoping for Netflix!
        --
        Rod
        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Ferrari probably contributed to his sacking.......conspiracy
          Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
            Hoping for Netflix!
            ooh. Good plan. HD without having to download.
            Stefan
            -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
            -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Hammond and May have already made it clear they are going with Clarkson.

Top Gear will die. The probability of putting together a comedy cast of the same level is like winning a lottery. In addition, Clarkson was the driving force behind the show.

Comment

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
                I really hope the three of them get a new show somewhere else... I can't imagine that would be too difficult for them to do. Too many people love the show as it is now, so someone will want to take all three of them and simply make a new version of it, more or less.
                It is the highest watched factual TV show in the world. They can choose whatever network they want.

Comment

http://jalopnik.com/how-top-gear-mad...ars-1688464737

Well said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

This may turn out better for the Trio in the end. 7 and 8 episode seasons were too short for such a popular show. Relative to other popular shows the BBC public trough budget for the talent and production was very small considering the viewing audience. Compare Clarkson's meltdown to Charlie Sheen's, Sheen was making 1.25 Million per episode. Clarkson 1.5 per full season. The trio will do much better financially if picked up by another big budget network and the fans will get the benefit of more shows in a season of whatever show evolves. Public broadcasters like the BBC and our own CBC are not financially driven, and it shows in their decision making. There could have been many better ways to handle the Clarkson meltdown if they were really financially motivated. While Jeremy's antics that set this off may seem crazy, maybe he is crazy like Sheen, Crazy like a fox!
                    Last edited by bobkatkat; 03-25-2015, 09:44 PM.

Comment

It definitely has the potential to be better with big backing and a big audience via Netlfix or something, and we even have the possibility that BBC comes up with a new team and we get New Top Gear and New Not Called Top Gear but is Top Gear.
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

What is the actual ownership of Top Gear IP (intellectual property) by Clarkson? i keep reading different amounts up to 50% including the track or something too.

Does he own rights to the Aussie and US Top Gears than too?

interesting to see what will go down here
                        Last edited by R_Ethug; 03-26-2015, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Ethug View Post
                          What is the actual ownership of Top Gear IP (intellectual property) by Clarkson? i keep reading different amounts up to 50% including the track or something too.

Does he own rights to the Aussie and US Top Gears than too?

interesting to see what will go down here
                          He sold his 50% share to the BBC in 2012.
                          -Mike

Comment

Yes he and Andy Wilman sold their ownership (Bedder 6 was the company) for 12 mill in 2012. Under that sale agreement Clarkson received a fee from BBC Worldwide and the corporation owns the rights to the Top Gear format, name and intellectual property. That include revenue from licenses from TG auzi TG merica, DVDs, live shows etc. Some reports indicate that could have been as high as 20 million a year to Clarkson. Depending on the contract, Jeremy may or may not have shot himself in the foot. Based on the BBS obvious poor financial decision making, they may have another huge payout owed to the Orangutan. But even if the second contract is valid the revenues will likely plummet with out the trio involved so everybody looses.

Interesting stuff here, Crazy or brilliant?

Comment

^ based on that.. Top Gear is dead than

Hopefully the 3 gents move to something like Netflix and start a new show and even move the Stig with them .. i'm sure the STIG name is owned by TG/BBC now too LOL so that is interesting

So my heart felt theory.. by Fall 2015 or early 2016 we'll see a new 'Top Auto Gurr...'

haha at speech here
                              http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/03...o-pick-him-up/
                              Last edited by R_Ethug; 03-26-2015, 10:22 AM.

Comment

My theory is was all setup to allow them to start up on another network. If they had just moved BBC would probably have cause to stop it. By firing him they can't do anything. Have there been any photos of injuries? There is no way British media would not have them if it actually happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X