CD Changer ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Changer ?????

Hey Guys, do I need to use the Factory CD Changer in my 02 TDI with the Monsoon System or can you use an aftermarket changer?
    Just curious as the factory one is expensive?
    Steve
    2002 Golf TDi
    Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

Re: CD Changer ?????

Used factory ones can often be picked up for the 200-300 range off vortex or other sites!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I agree with Blair - If you are sticking with the VW head unit you should just get a used factory changer.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I just picked one up off the vortex. Way easier in my mind then trying to install an aftermarket one. Works great. I paid ~$260 CDN. That's gonna be hard to beat.
        huh?

2003 GTI Silverstone Gray

Comment

Back when I was looking into this for my 2001, there were a couple of Panasonic ones that would work (Panasonic makes/made the OEM ones), you just needed an adapter to plug into the OEM wiring harness. Don't know if the newer units are still made by Panasonic or not.

But, I ended up buying a used OEM one anyway.
          Pat
          Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Comment

i have a panasonice 8 disc changer
            Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

Originally posted by PuppageVW
              i have a panasonice 8 disc changer
              I bought the Alpine 634 CD changer and a blitzsafe adapter to make it speak yr 2000 VW. I paid the extra dough because it plays cut mp3 cds as well as regular ones. Check out logjam electronics online.
              Last edited by kuhli; 01-12-2004, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X