Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Germany!

Hello from Germany!

As some of you know, I am in Germany for 3 weeks. I am in a city called Kaiserslautern which isn't too far from Mannheim which isn't too far from Frankfurt. My hotel (bed and breakfast really) is right next to the city VW dealership. What a coincidence. They have the ABT Sportline edition VW's in their showroom.

I can't read posts since I am supposed to be working. Just wanted to say hi!
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Re: Hello from Germany!

cool kris.. snap some MK5 pics if you can.

Comment

Sweet Kris, hope you are having a good time and not too busy working! And remember if you see any cool MK3 bits who your buddy is

Enjoy your time over there!!
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I have seen no Mk5s come to think of it I am not even sure the dealership had them, I didn't really go inside though. I saw one Mk3 that was really low. I don't carry my camera much though. Its all stored in my head.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Lucky bastid! I hope Germany is a lot of fun, me and some buddies are planning a trip somewhere after grad and we are thinking of Germany, France or Tokyo
          Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

Amsterdam Paul!!! do it while you are young!

Present
            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
            2003 VW Jetta GLI
            1992 VW Jetta GL
            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

I would go to France myself. Germany is okay but I am not having a blast so far. Then again, the weather is snowy and cold, and I am in a fairly small (read: dull) town with no where to go and no way to get there. It seems like a crappy version of Canada where they speak German and have slightly better cars. I figure I should have deciphered page one of the bus schedule by the day I am to come back.

I've been to Italy and I would recommend that trip highly.

Wherever you go, go with friends and in the summer!
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Today I looked into taking the train to Wolfsburg on Saturday to see the VW Factory Tour and Museum. I have heard it is really something.

Unfortunately, the trip is 5 hours x 2 ways = 10 hours on the train. The cost of the train ride only is about 175 euros (cost to me: $320 CAN) plus the cost of the tour. Yikes! Thats too much dough for this trip.

Next time I get a rail-pass before leaving Calgary.

I have seen the Mk5 Golf a few times. In person it is much less glamorous. If you think about it, your average stock golf 4 on hubcaps doesn't look so hot, its about the same for the Mk5. I definitely do think however that the Mk5 looks less unique than the Mk4 compared to other cars on the road. I usually don't notice when a Mk5 drives by...

There are so many similar sized cars here that the Mk5 doesn't really shine. Even the cheapest little cars look pretty cool.

I saw the 3.2 Audi A3 w/DSG in the showroom. Wow. Now that car stands out, even here.

I haven't seen a single Mk4 Bora in town, and I've really been looking. Golf Mk4's are everwhere. I guess the Bora must not be popular here with so many other offerings and the universal love of hatchbacks.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

yes, there are very few bora's. generally because people rather the skoda octavia, which most think looks better, and is cheaper. i think the bora is the least popular vw in europe.
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

LOL ya I wasn't sure how Germany would be...I think my friends and I are gonna be going to Japan
                    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by PuppageVW
                      LOL ya I wasn't sure how Germany would be...I think my friends and I are gonna be going to Japan
                      Ive got some serious travel envy goin' on right now!

Present
                      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                      2003 VW Jetta GLI
                      1992 VW Jetta GL
                      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

you'll get alotta sex there, asian chicks love white guys that visit! ... *cough* so i've heard *cough*
                        Simon

Comment

hahahahaahah i'm heading to japan i'm sick of the bars here

edit nevermind i'm going milf hunting
                          Last edited by R_Ethug; 01-27-2004, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Japan is awesome.

If you are going to Tokyo, check out Shibuya, Roppongi, Ginza and Shinjuku. I personally really like Shibuya. My wife grew up around Shibuya. That's where a lot of the younger trendy crowd hangs. Route 246 (the Japan track in GT3) runs right by it and the scramble is where the Beastie Boys shot a video (i can't remember what its called off hand but its the one where they are in Japan).

I'll post some pics to get a better feel of what I'm talking about.

Back to Kor's adventures. Got any pics yet? Anything about Germany that is completely diff to the way we live? I've only been to Frankfurt airport as a stop over on my way to Turkey. I found the airport diff. and unorganized. Smoking was permitted in the general hallways and I thought the airport was not designed with the German efficiency I was envisioning.
                            Neil
                            '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Sorry for jacking this post Kor, but I'm sure you don't mind...

Yes I think my friends and I are going to stay in Shinjuku area. I've researched everything so much so I we are gonna try and hit up everything in Tokyo. I'm hoping we have enough time to go to kyoto and check out some palaces and maybe hit up Hiroshima and then go to Miyajima. It all looks like so much fun. If you have any pics that'd be awesome!
                              I am pretty stoked about the girls down there hahaha...there are "love" hotels everywhere I hear lol. Even vending machines with beer....damn I am gonna move to Japan.
                              Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X