HID ordeal on vortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID ordeal on vortex

Man I have no idea on this one. For those that may have seen or haven't seen it yet. Some guy on vortex who was a member for 5 days puts up a post that he works in the 'auto industry' and can get 50 (30 golf, 15 jetta, 5 passat) sets of OEM hids for testing and then instead of destroying the units he is going to sell them to people on vortex for 430US/set !!! 1/3 the price they are normally sold for.
    So yesterday he posts okay guys they are going to distributed through Autobahn X in Florida so it actually seemed legit. I phoned them up to try to order a set and in 30 minutes they were sold out of the 15 jetta sets they got I was like okay well whatever. The dude @ autobahn said I could get put on a waiting list so if somebodys CC doesn't go through I would get bumped on I said yea maybe but never emailed my name/phone.

Well today the guy who was getting all these sets posts and says oh well somehow VWoA found out about this and are really mad at my company so this might not go through now. what a load of scammer crap!!

People on vortex started posting info on this guy they found out. He has/had 2 ebay accounts. 1 was shutdown from fraudulant ish and the other had a bunch of negative comments that the guy was a scammer. This guy also claimed he works with the CAN bus system in our cars and wrote all these papers on it. Some guy searched for this stuff found out buddy cut and paste stuff from online books, etc and said he wrote it ..

anyways to end it I'm pretty sure its a scam and somehow autobahns name was gonna get mucked up but if its not than the lucky bastiches that got my 430 hids can go to hell

end rant

Re: HID ordeal on vortex

I don't see why everybody is crazy over OEM HID's I think they look like @$$.

Present
    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
    2003 VW Jetta GLI
    1992 VW Jetta GL
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

its not the look i'm worried about mike.. its the light output every morning i drive next to BMWs and Audis and they light output amazes me compared to my stock lights..

Comment

In my experience driving a car with HID lights at night is far superior to a car with standard halogeon lights. I would get them in a heart beat if the price was right and they actually had ones for a mk3, but I think my next car will have them!!
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Yeah, I read that thread also. I thought it was a little too good to be true so I didn't bother getting involved. I hope it's not a scam for AutobahnX's sake. If it is a scam, there will be a mob of unhappy vortexers after him...
          huh?

2003 GTI Silverstone Gray

Comment

Working...
          X