Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Canada - Rated one of the top airlines in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Canada - Rated one of the top airlines in the world?

Air Canada does not offer real meals on long Canadian flights anymore, no matter how far you're flying (i.e. I'm going to Montreal on Monday, a 6 hour flight).

This is their “Menu” to buy onboard or pre-boarding.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...ard/meals.html

Pizza? Beef dip? Has this become a flying sports bar?

I'm more than willing to pay another $5 for something more like a meal, but that option doesn't even exist, and if you're looking for a special requirements meal that is anything else other than vegetarian or Kosher (like halal, gluten free, etc...), it's simply not offered on Canadian flights anymore - you can go hungry...

To be rated in the top they must be spending their money buying off the airline rating critics.

It used to be when you were flying a long distance and through a meal time you're get something resembling food included in your flight. I must be getting old or something...

Re: Air Canada - Rated one of the top airlines in the world?

Top rated in comparison to who?
    2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS. Daily. Far from stock.

2001.5 Audi S4. Billet rs6 and everything else. FOR SALE. $6500
    Need this car sold.

1960 Ford Falcon.

Comment

i've logged more miles in the last 12 months than most log in 10 years. 6 round trip transatlantic flights, 2 round trips to central america, 4 round trips to houston, and over 10 round trip flights to toronto, ottawa and montreal. i made air canada elite member in 4 months....

air canada domestic might not be the best, but their on par with local competitors like west jet.
      international is where they shine. their service is top notch, their pricing is usually cheaper than BA, Luftansa, Quantas, and they offer far better service than airlines like Air Transat.

Their airport lounges alone are incredible, and their arrival lounge at Heathrow is one of the best in the world. Nothing better than getting off a 9 hour over night flight, having access to a hot shower, bed, breakfast and wifi all for free if you're a member or $40 if you're not.

They might not be up there with the Etihad's of the world, but they aren't a bad airline
      Team Highschool
      Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

I'd say that maybe their elite flyers get a good treatment then.

I flew AC to Tokyo in 2009, it was a terrible experience, with burnt food microwaved too long, no headsets left to listen to the audio and nothing but a "too bad" when I asked about any complimentary extras for having to eat a burnt meal(last meal, no others were available).

Then a few months ago I flew AC again, my GF and I booked our 2 tickets in one purchase. Got to the airport and they told me she had a seat but I was put on the waiting list because they didn't have enough seats. I ended up getting a seat because another plane didn't make their connection, but they put me half way across the airplane from my girlfriend's seat, thankfully the nice Chinese guy in the seat seat to me was willing to switch with her.

About 4 years back I was flying from Calgary to Montreal on AC and I got a seat next to the emergency exit which was didn't recline, it was a perfect 90 degree angle and impossible to sit in for any length of time. Ended up getting a terrible backache for the next week. They couldn't give me another seat since the flight was full and I got the "too bad" treatment when I inquired about the terrible seat.

Anyway, the last 3 flights I've had in the the last 4 years with AC have all been bad. On the other hand, every one of the last 8-10 trips I've have had on Westjet were okay. Perhaps not amazing but better than my AC experience.

Anyway glad to hear some feedback from someone who enjoys their service, gives a different viewpoint.
        Last edited by witchcraftz; 11-06-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Aircanada blows. End of story. They screwed up all my flights to Maui this month. Never going with them again

Pat

His
          1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
          1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
          1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
          2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
          Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

I agree with Andrew, AC is not the greatest on domestic Canadian flights, generally they stuff you in tiny small planes but the big international flights I will always take them first if I can. I have flown a few times to London, a couple to Tokyo, and a Sydney in the last few years and has been relatively pain free. People expect perfection when flying, it rarely happens with any airline, but every time I have taken the cheaper option and gone on something like United/Delta I have been even more disappointed, there seat back on demand TV is almost worth the premium for a 14 hour flight alone.

Food on an air plane is bad, personally I would rather save a couple bucks and pick something up in the airport and bring it on for myself and avoid whatever they slap together. The discount airlines here do not even give a glass of water for free, but when you pay $100 return to Italy I can handle that.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I have nothing but good things to say for Air Canada after my flight to Europe this past May.
              Patryk
              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
              08 VW .:R32
              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

My AC flight to Europe last spring was great. I'd go WestJet first for domestic flight though.
                Stefan
                -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Blair does raise a good point with airline food. it always sucks, almost by definition.
                  I usually hit up superstore and put together my own "meal" of stuff so that a) im not forced to eat crap food, and b) i can at least guarantee im not starving.
                  often there are decent things in the meals, but overall the meal itself might suck, so i'll eat what i like, leave the rest, and not feel like im going to die on a 10 hour flight.
                  Team Highschool
                  Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Working...
                  X