bittorrent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bittorrent?

guys how the hell do you use this thing? i used audiogalaxy years ago when it existed and it seemed to be like this but how the hell do you download stuff?

Re: bittorrent?

Bit torrent is slow...but goto www.suprnova.org and look things up, and download them....has the most stuff....good luck! Yes, suprnova is spelled like that...
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

cool thanks alex.. i got what i needed already from using my OG sources lol..

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
        Bit torrent is slow...but goto www.suprnova.org and look things up, and download them....has the most stuff....good luck! Yes, suprnova is spelled like that...
        Bitorrent is slow? Excuse me!?

I'm a big advocate of bit torrents, and am usually downloading a movie with it at all times. Maybe your torrents aren't as popular as the ones I go on, because the more people seeding/downloading the faster it is. My max speed so far is 400k/s for a 3gig file (70 seeds) , and a buddy of mine has reached 900k/s.
        Simon

Comment

Bittorrent used to be really fast. Now lots of people are using hacked clients that do not re-upload while they download. So the number of sources just dwindles to nothing. When will people learn - 10kb of upload bandwidth is all it takes.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Yah, I spend alot of time bit-torrenting, at work I've pushed 1.2mbps, at home 600 I think was the most I got?

You just gotta look at the seed:download ratio, if theres more downloaders than seeders, dont download that file right then 'cause it will be slow. Im a very impatient person and suprnova.org has yet to let me down

Cheers
            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
            -james

Comment

ALl of the stuff I tried was suprnova....I don't know why mine would be so slow, I may have to try again.....
              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

If you are downloading the latest greatest thing, like the #1 song on MTV, you are going to get it at the maximum possible speed of course. On Suprnova, the rare stuff has no one uploading and so it will be slow. Depends on what you're getting.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Oh yeah, Forgot to mention - You need to open certian ports on your firewall/router if you wanna get any kind of decent speed, It will still work without them open but it is slow.... http://bt.etree.org/ should have all the info you'd need.
                  REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                  -james

Comment

Working...
                  X