Flow snowboard bindings - yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flow snowboard bindings - yay or nay?

Been thinking of upgrading my damaged Burton bindings (one has been held together with duck tape for over a year) with some newish ones.

I'm not ready to invest $$$ into a new board and bindings so I was looking used on craigslist and found some used 2010 Flow Flite bindings for $50.

I googled them a bit and I like the idea. Anyone ever used/tried these?
    Whaddaya think?

Re: Flow snowboard bindings - yay or nay?

I just got a set of flow bindings last year and so far I LOVE them, super quick to get in and out of, never have to play around with the bindings at all. The only thing that might concern you is that the back of the binding (part that holds the back of you're boot) is a tad looser than a regular binding. It just isn't as snug as a normal one, but it is super easy to get used to. I would recommend flow bindings to anyone. Plus when you are riding with skiers, they don't have to wait for you nearly as long as someone with regular bindings. You don't even have to sit down to get in them!
    Last edited by Danaldson; 11-27-2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Ease of getting in and out of them is superb, but that's where it stops for me. The ride feel is not the same as a better set of strap bindings, almost sloppy I would call it.
      -Stefan- '02 S6 Atlas Grey

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
      '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Need Radio Removal Keys, VAG-Com? PM Me

Comment

i sold flow bindings for years, and can attest to the quality. they are definitely a different feel to traditional bindings, but they are pretty amazing. for 50 bucks, i would say try them out. its half a lift ticket. if you hate them, PM me and i will get you a deal on something else.

Comment

Never tried them - not sure if I could get used to them.

BTW - does anyone have any good recommendations for splitboard bindings?
          Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Got Flow on mine (current set is 6+ years old), and if you set them up right they seem as tight as normal bindings to me? Funny thing is even how fast you can snap in, you still end up waiting for someone in the group with normal bindings.
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm going to pick them up tonight and try them out.

Comment

After spending last night riding with the Flow bindings I must say I'm happy with them. They are a bit more flexible than the bindings I had before, but the ease of getting in and out of them is fantastic.

Comment

yes thats exactly the feeling, more flexible but i think the trade off is great. glad you like them.

Comment

Working...
                  X