Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 M3 vs 1.8T Tiptronic

This was sooo much fun today.

He wasnt much faster then I was. Off the line we are the same, his higher gears were better.

He said he had Intake, Exhaust, Shark injectors or something like that.

Once I get my catback its on! I was very suprised my auto/tiptronic was even hanging with him.

QuA
    Last edited by QuA; 02-07-2004, 09:07 PM.
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Re: Yellow E36 M3 vs 1.8T Tiptronic

Are you sure he was fulling giving it? Those E36's have 240hp, and a slick tranny. I've raced 328's, but M3's have another 50hp. Either way... good job
    Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Yup I talked to him after. He was a little faster but not by much.

Originally posted by liquid
      Are you sure he was fulling giving it? Those E36's have 240hp, and a slick tranny. I've raced 328's, but M3's have another 50hp. Either way... good job

Comment

thats pretty suprising i wouldn't even try with one.. i raced some guy in like a 323 and owned him hard but i knew i could walk on him 330's are up to snuff and can chew us up with the right driver

Comment

Yeah my friend has a 328IS and has Intake/Exhaust and some chip. We are exactly the same. And this was before I got my intake, forge dv and downpipe. When I told him it was auto he almost snapped and said " noo way " lol

QuA

Originally posted by lsc2g
          thats pretty suprising i wouldn't even try with one.. i raced some guy in like a 323 and owned him hard but i knew i could walk on him 330's are up to snuff and can chew us up with the right driver

Comment

Re: E36 M3 vs 1.8T Tiptronic

I wouldn't even try with one..
            I would.

Why not. If the other guy is in a BMW, and blows my doors off, I would be, like, so what, I'm just driving a VW. His 'M' rocket cost nearly three times what my little "econo box" did.

Besides, I'd line up with an M3 just to see the guy tear it up. Luv those beemers.
            2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Re: E36 M3 vs 1.8T Tiptronic

Originally posted by KLOBIONEKINOBI
              I would.

Why not. If the other guy is in a BMW, and blows my doors off, I would be, like, so what, I'm just driving a VW. His 'M' rocket cost nearly three times what my little "econo box" did.

Besides, I'd line up with an M3 just to see the guy tear it up. Luv those beemers.
              Even if I lose... it's fun to line up with other cars. I dusted an RSX, and yesterday some guy in an infiniti FX (new SUV) wanted to race... and I took him too Lost to my Dad's 540 pretty bad though :S
              Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Working...
              X