installing new stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing new stuff

hey guys what do you think about installing my side skirts and rear this weekend? i'm just worried about all the crap on the roads beating them up and since they just got painted ya know.. hopefully it'll stay warm out

Re: installing new stuff

If you are entering your ride in WoW, I'd wait til at least the raods are clear of crap. That would be me.
    Neil
    '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Originally posted by 1.8Trip
      If you are entering your ride in WoW, I'd wait til at least the raods are clear of crap. That would be me.
      what would that be, 10 years? even in the summer the roads are dirty as a monkey's uncle
      Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
        what would that be, 10 years? even in the summer the roads are dirty as a monkey's uncle
        I don't know about you, but right now I'm going through a bottle of washer fluid every few days and I'm getting gravel thrown up at me from every SUV that gets in front of me.
        Neil
        '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
          hey guys what do you think about installing my side skirts and rear this weekend? i'm just worried about all the crap on the roads beating them up and since they just got painted ya know.. hopefully it'll stay warm out

Ryan/ Simon, You guys wanna get together this weekend and do all three cars (Red Jetta, Silver Jetta, GTI)??? I'm planing on clearing out the garage just to do all car work for the weekend. Let me know if you guys wanna join.

It's supposed to be the same temperature through the week, so holding off on installs till a few days before WoW might be a good idea ( a little dryer by then hopefully)
          Last edited by Derick; 02-09-2004, 08:03 PM.
          Derick

Comment

well mike was gonna help me with my skirts this weekend but it doesn't matter to me.. hey mike wanna come over and meet derick and simon then.. i still have to give you a tour of my place

Comment

yah that sounds perfect derick, I have to have time to get my exhaust adjusted for the rear anyway.

stuff was to be painted by this week, so I'll give them a call in a couple days to see how the progress is.
              Simon

Comment

Wow, I think I'm gonna have the pimpest looking garage in the N.W. this weekend Might have to snap a couple pics

Ryan and Mike, feel free to come by to install your stuff as well.... hell just come by for a beer if you like
                Derick

Comment

hehe i'll bring some beer.. i'm waiting to see what mike wants to do so..

hey this weekend hopefully me and bart and trex are doing our euro clusters too.. WEEE gonna be awesome!!

Comment

hehe i'll bring some beer.. i'm waiting to see what mike wants to do so..

hey this weekend hopefully me and bart and trex are doing our euro clusters too.. WEEE gonna be awesome!!
                    nerds
                    Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

Originally posted by PuppageVW
                      nerds
                      think about who's username is puppage, then rethink that statement.
                      Simon

Comment

back to topic.. i just measured my pzwo valence compared to stock and i need to drop my exhaust down like 1/2" still i think.. would it be possible to push it myself or would that jack something or should i take it to a minute muffler.. i'm gonna phone C1 tommorow and see if they can do it for me for free when i take my wheels/rubber in to get mounted/balanced this week

Comment

back to topic.. i just measured my pzwo valence compared to stock and i need to drop my exhaust down like 1/2" still i think.. would it be possible to push it myself or would that jack something or should i take it to a minute muffler.. i'm gonna phone C1 tommorow and see if they can do it for me for free when i take my wheels/rubber in to get mounted/balanced this week
                          if they have to re-hang it, i highly doubt they'll do it for free
                          Simon

Comment

yea i guess i'll find out tommorow there are also 3 muffler shops in crowfoot too so if need be i'll do it this week at one of them after work..

Comment

yea i guess i'll find out tommorow there are also 3 muffler shops in crowfoot too so if need be i'll do it this week at one of them after work..
                              Ryan, look under the car and check which hangars need to be lower. If it's just the little, black, rubber oval-shaped hangars, then you can just pick up new ones at crappy tire for a couple bucks. And if that doesn't work, just return them and have a muffler shop do it.
                              Derick

Comment

Working...
                              X