Stolen mountain bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen mountain bike

If anyone sees this show up on craigslist or kijiji, please let me know!

STOLEN:

Turner Six Pack, Gunmetal grey metallic front triangle with polished aluminum rear triangle. Black “rocker link” connecting the two parts of frame and a blue/black Fox DHX 5.0 coil shock that sits inside the front triangle. Serial number engraved on the polished rear triangle near the bottom bracket as well as where the black link connects to the upper part of the rear triangle will read as “prototype”. There may be some very faint markings on the bottom bracket but the powder coat is thick so it won’t be easy to read. This is a one of a kind, extremely rare bike that will be very easy to identify if found.

The front shock is a marzocchi 66, black in colour with red and silver decals on the lower part of fork, red and blue dials on top of crown for adjustment. Blue Chris King hubs on Alex Supra-D rims, Blue anodized DangerBoy brake levers on black Magura Louise disc brakes. Copper and Black coloured Easton Monkey Lite DH carbon handlebar, black RaceFace D2 stem, GripShift X0 handlebar shifters with SRAM X9 rear derailleur and Shimano XT front derailleur. Black RaceFace Atlas cranks, flat pedals, and E-thirteen bash guard (black honeycomb disc covering gears). Heim 3 chain guide with black Mountain speed roller, SRAM hollow pin chain (PC99). Black RaceFace dues seatpost and black with silver/white pinstripe Wilderness Trails (WTB) rocket V saddle.

First and last pics are in close to it's current form. The middle one is an old picture but a better shot of the frame. Apparently I've been riding it more than I've been taking pictures of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	p4pb9108732.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	513995

Name:	p4pb9108752.jpg
Size:	317.2 KB
ID:	513996

Name:	Turner6pack.JPG
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	513997
    Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
    hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
    sigpic

Re: Stolen mountain bike

a) this sucks, bike thieves deserve to have faces bashed in with chromag bars
    b) have you reported to police with serial #?
    c) keep a look out on pinkbike
    d) you have insurance on it or just under house?

fwiw i never saw my norco that was stolen turn up. considering how muhc time i spend on forums and all the trails i was kinda surprised by it, especially given it was one of a kind, but it just goes to show these things go elsewhere
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
      a) this sucks, bike thieves deserve to have faces bashed in with chromag bars
      b) have you reported to police with serial #?
      c) keep a look out on pinkbike
      d) you have insurance on it or just under house?

fwiw i never saw my norco that was stolen turn up. considering how muhc time i spend on forums and all the trails i was kinda surprised by it, especially given it was one of a kind, but it just goes to show these things go elsewhere
      Chromag bars is too nice...a pillowcase full of sprockets...I've had several bikes stolen in my life...d-bags!!!
      Hope it turns up intact
      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
        a) this sucks, ALL THIEVES IN GENERAL deserve to have faces bashed in with chromag bars
        FTFY

Sorry to hear about your bike Jeff. Will keep an eye out!
        Patryk
        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
        08 VW .:R32
        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I reported it to the police, yes. Unfortunately, the serial number reads 'prototype' it was the last proto before they went in to production. I bought the bike directly from Dave Turner at Interbike so it's a bit of a sentimental bike I would like to get back even if I already find a replacement for it. I already have all my friends keeping an eye on kijiji, PB, and Craigslist, but thought I would post here as well in case anyone comes across it. It's insured and I've started poking around at what I might replace it with. Top contenders right now are Knolly Chilcoutin, SC Nomad Carbon, Pivot Firebird, and Specialized Enduro Expert Evo. I might consider a few others as well, but waiting to hear back from a few shops as they are trying to line up some demo bikes for me to try out.
          Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
          hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
          sigpic

Comment

proto should be sufficient if its in the right spots.

i went through this when my custom norco was stolen as it wasn't a production bike. insurance asked me what the replacement value was and i gave them a comparison of what it would replace (even if its older it still has to be replaced). walked away with a cheque for $3500 for a custom DJ bike so that wasn't too bad.
            Team Highschool
            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

really sucks to hear, had a few bikes stolen myself. definitely keep an eye on pinkbike and make some threads there, also maybe throw this on beyond.ca as well
              sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
              His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
              Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
              Past:
              B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
              B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
              2004 .:R32 BMP
              2001.5 Noggy blue s4
              2000 VW GTI 1.8T
              1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

If you are looking at a new replacement, the Nomad carbon is amazing!

Comment

Working...
                  X