BMW 1 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW 1 Series

I was surfing the tex and found someone talking about the new 1 Series. I found it interesting that BMW has decided to compete with the A3 and Golf/Jetta.

http://www.bmwinfo.com/515.html
    http://www.carbc.com/Car-News-607.html
    http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring...ports/bmw1.htm

An M1 sedan with xdrive would be nice.
    Last edited by 1.8Trip; 02-12-2004, 11:37 AM.
    Neil
    '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Re: BMW 1 Series

I am interested to see how these work out and what the prices and options will be.

Here are some more recent photos

This is from down under
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

That's pretty cool. I also like the options of the 2 door coupe, or the 4 door hatch. I still dont know why people in North America are not more receptive to hatch backs. I wish my jetta had a hatch. I miss my Golf where I could drive up to Ikea and load half the store into it.

The only problem I can forsee is having to have it service at a BMW dealer, which may make it less attractive to young buyers. I think that the perseption of VW is that it is still somewhat affordable, whereas people might be reluctant to get into a car that comes from the lineage of BMW.

Gaf
      Last edited by gaffer; 02-12-2004, 01:32 PM.
      www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

It's about time BMW actually went beyond the concept stage on this one. They've been showing different concepts of this thing for about 3 years now. It looks alright, and will most likely be pretty quick, but i'm still nervous to see what the pricing will be. Plus, like Gaffer said, service at the BMW dealership might cost you an arm and a leg. Oh well, VW service isn't exactly at rock bottom prices either.
        Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

looks like those ugly-ass mkv's have some competition. I would buy the bimmer over the dub anyday

Present
          2010 Audi A4 S-Line
          2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
          2003 VW Jetta GLI
          1992 VW Jetta GL
          1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

it looks pretty cool.. toss in some power and a good trannie and it should sell good

Comment

If they can compete in price, then I would really consider it. It all depends on how the Jetta V turns out.
              Neil
              '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

If I remember correctly, the price for the base model with the lowest everything equated to a mid range jetta. But thats me not quite being able to remember hearsay
                Nick
                There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X