X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ur0Drivr
    replied
    Re: Message Board Etiquette

Remember also guys, that as we get older our sense of humour and flexibility about some things changes. I, being one of the older ones (in age) on the forum, know this and I try to adjust my mentality to who is posting. I am more than twice the age of Kujiwara for example and actually have a daughter his age, so I try to read his posts through his mentality and let things slide off me. Which is not to say I don't shake my head in disbelief on occasion, just that I will try not to shake it in public.

All that public bashing or belittling do is drive away potential longtime contributing members. Guide them in a constructive way and 9 times out of 10 they get the message.

Leave a comment:

• Ur0Drivr
    replied

Well Brent. I hope this helps in brining you back to the fold. I find ED to be one of the friendlier forums out there, but reminders every once in a while help

Leave a comment:

• VW337
    replied

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
    That hits most of the items on the head why I have bitter-vet sydrom. I barely post anymore and barely check in at all. A lot of things have changed in the club over the years. Not all of them for the better.
    My thoughts exactly. This used to be a useful and insightful place to discuss cars and related topics. Now it is overrun with immaturity and people flaming other people. Hopefully these new guidelines change things for the better.

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall
    replied

That hits most of the items on the head why I have bitter-vet sydrom. I barely post anymore and barely check in at all. A lot of things have changed in the club over the years. Not all of them for the better.

Leave a comment:

• Geobmx4life
    replied

Here comes the FUN POLICE!!!

JK...hope it works Rod...well done

Leave a comment:

• onceover
    replied

Nice work Rod! Hope this helps clean the forums up a bit

Leave a comment:

• Ur0Drivr
    replied

I don't think I like your tone young man.

Leave a comment:

• Mantis
    replied

I don't like you, so none of what you posted above is applicable
    Last edited by Mantis; 04-25-2013, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ur0Drivr
    started a topic Message Board Etiquette

Message Board Etiquette

As members come and go the forums evolve. Sometimes they evolve for the good and sometimes for the bad... Over the past year or so the evolution of this forum has degraded somewhat and I believe that it needs a gentle push to the positive. I leave here some basic guidelines on proper forum etiquette for EVERYONE to reflect on, even myself.

1. Read the forums rules and guidelines before posting for the first time.

2. Search the other posts to see if your topic is already covered.

3. Use a meaningful title for your thread.

4. Be civil. Personal differences should be handled through email or IM and not through posts displayed to everyone.

5. Stay on topic.

6. Ignore spammers, respond to them personally and not through the board, or report them.

7. Use plain text over HTML if you want your post to be readable by everyone.

8. In order to be understood by most people, use correct spelling, grammar and avoid slang unless you know the word or phrase will be understood by other members.

9. Do not double post (post the same message twice in one thread) or cross post (place the same message across several forums).

10. Act in a give and take manner; help others as often as or more than you ask for help.

11. Do not use all caps or SHOUT in your posts. In addition, one exclamation point is enough.

12. When replying to a post, do not quote more from the previous post than you have to.

13. Do not post new problems on someone else's thread and interrupt a topic of discussion.

14. Do not use someone else’s thread for a private conversation.

15. Watch your sense of humor, posts may be read by people from a variety of backgrounds and ages.

16. Do not post any information that you want private. Posts should not contain personal, identifiable information or content embarrassing to others.

17. Do not post content that violates a copyright.

18. Keep NSFW in the NSFW thread

19. Write concisely and do not ramble.

20. Do not chastise newbies.

These are put here as a guideline. Not as law. But remember, do unto others as you would have done unto you.
Working...
X