Opinion on Satelite TV Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on Satelite TV Companies

Okay, I am finally sick of Shaw cable, since they failed to send me a bill for 4 months, even after I phoned and requested one on 3 occasions. Then they have the nerve to send me a letter to tell me they are disconnecting my cable. I phoned and told them I was offended, and would like a bill, and an apology. All I got was excuses. So there done.

My question is, for those of you who have satelite, what do you reccommend? I want to be a paying customer, although the concept of having a "guy" is appealing.

Give me your opinions on the various companies. How often does your dish go down (if ever), selection of channels etc.

Thanks,

Gaf
    www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Re: Opinion on Satelite TV Companies

bell is your best bet for sticking with canadian.. you'll get all your shaw channels plus a ton more same cost per month

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      bell is your best bet for sticking with canadian.. you'll get all your shaw channels plus a ton more same cost per month
      It will have to be Canadian, and preferably with all local news channels. I am on the news pretty often, and I want to see how bad they mess up what I tell them.

Gaf

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

My sister and her boyfriend have Bell and they like it a lot. You get locals from every region in Canada plus your choice of packages. The cost is close to shaw and the picture is very good. They have not mentioned really any problems with signals. I was thining of switching too, as he works for Bell and can get a great setup package but I am not sure if I want a dish on the back of my condo.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

That's another problem too. I have 3 TVs, so I would need 3 recievers, plus I am not too fond of a dish sticking out the front of my house. Oh well.

Gaf

Comment

You can get recievers on eBay pretty cheap now. In fact you can probably get a whole setup on ebay for $200 bucks.

Lots of people on Bell (I don't condone this practice) pay for the minimum fee, then hack themselves all the extra channels and pay-per-views for free. So they are paying customers, they just get a little something extra.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
              Lots of people on Bell (I don't condone this practice) pay for the minimum fee, then hack themselves all the extra channels and pay-per-views for free. So they are paying customers, they just get a little something extra.
              "but daddy, you steal satellite tv!"
              Simon

Comment

I dunno, Canadian Satelite is OK, but the local channel thing isnt worth the price of admission. I dont even get all the local channels..I get "local" as in edmonton A Channel, not calgary..etc

Id get the free stuff, you just gotta make sure the person who sends you the files is on the ball
                REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                -james

Comment

So with Bell you don't get Calgary A channel, global etc?

I'm thinking about a dish - right now we just have basic cable and I'm not on shaw internet so nothing to lose by getting a dish.

Khyron
                  Geoff
                  Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I love my DirecTV....no locals, but who cares....Oh, and the hacked bell system is $600 bucks, complete, no subscription.someon told me about it, I don't do it....
                    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
                      So with Bell you don't get Calgary A channel, global etc?

I'm thinking about a dish - right now we just have basic cable and I'm not on shaw internet so nothing to lose by getting a dish.

Khyron
                      I think that we get the locals like CFCN, Global & CBC. I dont think that Play channel, (A-channel) is local though. If you were really wanting to watch A-Channel, you could get it through peasant vision.

Gaf
                      Last edited by gaffer; 02-26-2004, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Hmmm complete Hacked Bell system = $60 for AVR
                        Jtag = $40
                        Satellite System = Free

QuA
                        2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by QuA
                          Hmmm complete Hacked Bell system = $60 for AVR
                          Jtag = $40
                          Satellite System = Free

QuA
                          What is AVR and Jtag

Gaf

Comment

umm AVR is a card that EMU's on board all the stuff you need.. jtag is a chip on the sat that you have to read to get some codes or flash i forget my buddy at work is all into the bells. he soldered a 25pin serial to his board so he can flash at will without ripping it apart..

crappy thing about bells now is if you want to get the good price they force you to sign a contract!!! you can buy it straight out but its stupid expensive..
                            i want to get a bell but 800 bucks for the HDTV setup is $$$$$

Comment

Jtag is the way to go, but not all receivers were compatible with that...maybe just old 1000 model series?
                              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Working...
                              X