movie review: passion of the christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• movie review: passion of the christ

holy moly, definately the most gory film I have ever seen, and I have seen alot of gory movies in my day. a caning would seem like a holiday compared to the beating he got from the cat-0-nine tails! i can't believe how much they showed the whips ripping his flesh off and also when he got it in the eye!

I havent read the bible since I was a kid, but from what i can remember, it seems to follow the storyline really well! only place they deviate is having the devil play more of an impact/role in the movie than I thought he did in the bible, sure he was always around trying to tempt him but the movie made it seem like he had a larger significance.

the whole movie is in aramic/latin/hebrew, with english subtitles if you didnt already know, and i wasn't looking forward to this goin in, but I think they executed it superbly because there wasn't much dialogue at all other than crowds cursing him.

on a final note, I wish this was a 2 or 3 part movie each part being 2 hours long, so they could show some other interesting parts of the bible like moses at mt.sinai and rescuing the jews.

simons review: if you're looking for a movie you can say "hey that was f**king awesome! I wanna see that again!" this movie isn't for you. the movie is, however, very very good and accurate. i thought the acting was pretty damn spiffy!
    Simon

Re: movie review: passion of the christ

Thanks for the review dude. I have read some pretty good comments about this movie. I will have to check it out.
    Andrew
    2008 CW GTI 6spd 5dr

Comment

even gorrier than kill bill? I'm not huge into religion at all and I want to see this movie it looks pretty good but i'll go in a few weeks once it dies down.

Comment

Just make sure you have nothing planned for after the movie. When I finished watching the movie with my film class at school, I was supposed to go the bar with my buddies . . . but after seeing this movie, my night was pretty much ruined.
        ---------------------

Aly

"Is it still considered paying for sex if you skip out on the bill?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
          even gorrier than kill bill? I'm not huge into religion at all and I want to see this movie it looks pretty good but i'll go in a few weeks once it dies down.
          yah I'd say its even gorier than kill bill, but in a different way. Kill bill was gory in a cartoonish way with blood splashing everywhere. in passion for the christ its gory because you can see eveyr single gouge on his back as they whip him.
          Simon

Comment

Yea, I watched too. And your right, very graphic. Mel Gibson got a lot of complaints and bad reviews towards how gory and detailed it is but my opinion on it is someone finally had enough guts to show what REALLY happened, I mean, it was a crucifixtion. It even says in the Bible that he was unrecognizable as a MAN nevermind as Jesus. I thought that how they portrayed satan was actually good becuase you often don't think about him being in the picture and that made me realize that Jesus was contsantly being tempted.

It was for sure the quietest movie I've ever seen, no one moved or coughed or anything. Even after the movie, most people just sat there in a daze and didn't get up, no one talked leaving the theatre. The only disruption was a guy 3 seats down from us had a seizure when the whip got stuck in his side. They had to call the EMS, it was kinda crazy.

It's def. a thinker, made me realize just what he did for us.

Jason
            Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
              Yea, I watched too. And your right, very graphic. Mel Gibson got a lot of complaints and bad reviews towards how gory and detailed it is but my opinion on it is someone finally had enough guts to show what REALLY happened, I mean, it was a crucifixtion. It even says in the Bible that he was unrecognizable as a MAN nevermind as Jesus. I thought that how they portrayed satan was actually good becuase you often don't think about him being in the picture and that made me realize that Jesus was contsantly being tempted.

It was for sure the quietest movie I've ever seen, no one moved or coughed or anything. Even after the movie, most people just sat there in a daze and didn't get up, no one talked leaving the theatre. The only disruption was a guy 3 seats down from us had a seizure when the whip got stuck in his side. They had to call the EMS, it was kinda crazy.

It's def. a thinker, made me realize just what he did for us.

Jason
              Thanks for the great review. I still gotta check it out.
              billip
              2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

the only person who said anything after the movie was me when i yelled out "WHERES THE BLOOPERS?!"
                Simon

Comment

Thats friggen halarious, Im sure you had some dirty looks after that one
                  ---------------------

Aly

"Is it still considered paying for sex if you skip out on the bill?"

Comment

Working...
                  X