Feelings on vinyl badging on cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feelings on vinyl badging on cars

How does everyone feel about badging up cars with this kind of stuff? I try to keep it minimal, but I'd be lying if I didn't want people to know what was under the hood! Does it take away from the clean look? Especially if you debage?

That's how my 335i is right now (My eurodrivers.ca one is on my rear window... Wouldn't fit!).

Re: Feelings on vinyl badging on cars

I don't mind it, as long as there are only a few important ones on the windows.
    Current Fleet
    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
    2001 Cobra #88/3786
    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

It certainly does take away from the clean look. I've got a few Gold ones on my car, personally I like stickers if they are subtle and go with the theme of the car.

But like the car described in the spotted thread, with the stickers like "slammerd"especially when the car isn't low.... or" my other ride is your mother..... Or father..."

Things need to be done in good taste
      Last edited by Danaldson; 02-12-2014, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by danaldson View Post
        It certainly does take away from the clean look. I've got a few Gold ones on my car, personally I like stickers if they are subtle and go with the theme of the car.

But like the car described in the spotted thread, with the stickers like "slammerd"especially when the car isn't low.... or" my other ride is your mother..... Or father..."

Things need to be done in good taste
        "My other ride is your mother" oh man, that's a good way to get your car keyed.

Funny, had another 335 driver at U of C park beside me, he saw the JB4 badge and had a ton of questions for me, guess he wanted to get it but didn't want to waste the money if it wasn't worth it.
        Last edited by ToXicXxX; 02-12-2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToXicXxX View Post
          "My other ride is your mother" oh man, that's a good way to get your car keyed.
          weren't you the one that had a controversial europlate at one point?

Comment

weren't you the one that had a controversial europlate at one point?
            Sure was, "LEMEFAKU". But... I dunno, it kind of fit in with my Audi. It would look just stupid on my BMW. Also, my Audi was 15 years old and had enough body blemishes that someone keying it really wouldn't end my world. But... If someone keys my BMW, I'll pull a Liam Neeson on their ass.

Best part is, guy who bought my Audi... Hasn't taken the plate off!
            Last edited by ToXicXxX; 02-12-2014, 11:39 PM.

Comment

yeah, getting keyed would suck.

Comment

yeah, getting keyed would suck.
                Had my Passat keyed, but it was the ex girlfriend

Comment

Originally posted by ToXicXxX View Post
                  Had my Passat keyed, but it was the ex girlfriend
                  Lmao tough luck. I like stickers. I have a column on my GTI right now and had one on my a4 too. I usually get bored of them though and end up taking them off eventually, it's like a "oh man a sticker column would look good" when I don't have them and "man it looked so good without the stickers" when I do have them. To each his own. When I get my next audi (hopefully soon) I might do a windshield banner but that would be it.

Also, why does everyone care about europlates so much? Not aiming that directly at you Danny, however I seem to take a lot of heat from some people about the FüKüRVTEC plate but my best friend who drives a 6th Gen Civic SiR doesn't seem to mind! So why does everyone else seem to care so much?? LEMEFAKU is awesome IMO!! (Plz don't ban me)
                  Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by hooddub View Post
                    Lmao tough luck. I like stickers. I have a column on my GTI right now and had one on my a4 too. I usually get bored of them though and end up taking them off eventually, it's like a "oh man a sticker column would look good" when I don't have them and "man it looked so good without the stickers" when I do have them. To each his own. When I get my next audi (hopefully soon) I might do a windshield banner but that would be it.

Also, why does everyone care about europlates so much? Not aiming that directly at you Danny, however I seem to take a lot of heat from some people about the FüKüRVTEC plate but my best friend who drives a 6th Gen Civic SiR doesn't seem to mind! So why does everyone else seem to care so much?? LEMEFAKU is awesome IMO!! (Plz don't ban me)
                    All I can think about with that is this kid driving beside me last summer and he says to me "Hear that bro, that was the VTEC!" after revving. I just laughed, revved my Audi and said "Hear THAT bro, that was the turbo". Good times. I feel like I'm not allowed to be childish in my Bimmer.

I think Europlates that are actual plates and not just sayings look really smart on some eurocars, I've seen a few E46's with a genuine euro plate and it looks great. The ones like you and I had are just to take the piss out of things.

I made her pay for the scratch by the way, that part was fun!
                    Last edited by ToXicXxX; 02-12-2014, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hooddub View Post
                      I just think that a plate that has inappropriate words/sayings on it shouldn't be on a car. And that it is also kinda tacky. But I suppose I'm being hypocritical because of my 2.0nvrlose plate on my old car. I may have just grown out of it? But just for the plates that say lemefukyou, or fukurvtec, puts a hostile/douchbaggy attitude to the car, and it's driver.
                      Last edited by Danaldson; 02-13-2014, 01:17 AM.

Comment

I had sponsors for a previous venture, on my old car -- if there wasn't a proper benefit to it, it's simply a d!ck size thing.
                        Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

I just think that a plate that has inappropriate words/sayings on it shouldn't be on a car. And that it is also kinda tacky. But I suppose I'm being hypocritical because of my 2.0nvrlose plate on my old car. I may have just grown out of it? But just for the plates that say lemefukyou, or fukurvtec, puts a hostile/douchbaggy attitude to the car, and it's driver.
                          I'm with Danny. I think those kinds of europlates are just stupid and immature. Also, when random people see it on your car, it reflects poorly on car enthusiasts as a whole. The only one I've ever had was a real one on the front on my GLI.

As for the stickers, I think less is more. All the euros at home have Eurodrivers stickers on the rear side windows. I also have a Leavenworth Drive sticker on the GTI, but that's it
                          Last edited by CGY_GTI; 02-13-2014, 01:52 AM.
                          Scott
                          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Originally posted by cam_wmh View Post
                            I had sponsors for a previous venture, on my old car -- if there wasn't a proper benefit to it, it's simply a d!ck size thing.
                            True enough. Nothing can be as bad as a giant Metal Mulisha or Fox badge on a truck though.

Comment

The plate discussion has popped up again...

This is my take on it. Do they offend? Yes. You are yelling those written words to everyone that sees your plate/sticker. You are not giving anyone the option to not see the offensive remark. This is aggressive arrogance. If that's what you wish to portray, do it. But don't expect to get laughs from most people. This is the impression you give off, and if I saw these before interviewing someone for a job I would not hire that person.

Do I have stickers? Yup. But none are offensive to anyone. I wish to be taken more seriously.

Now, everyone goes through these stages in their life. All of us have that arrogant stage where we "know" best. We grow out of it eventually, and we are here to guide you on the path to adulthood
                              --
                              Rod
                              Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                              2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Working...
                              X