Tactical boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tactical boots?

I did buy the Haix P7 highs, got a pair of factory seconds (minor issues that are fixed before being shipped to customer) straight form the manufacturer for $129, pretty good deal considering normally they are $250. Boots are shipped and I should have them next week.

Comment

If you want zippers you can buy zippers that lace in via the normal lace location but let you unzip the boot to get them on/off without having to undo any laces at all.
      2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Hmm, looks a bit too bulky to me with the Haix zipper replacement.

But maybe there's a another brand out there that is smaller. Thanks for the tip!

I was also thinking of getting some quick snaps.
        Last edited by witchcraftz; 02-23-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

A little late, but offering some different boot options.....

Nike LunarTerra Arktos

End x Trickers Super boot

Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

REVIEW:

So I figured it was time to write a review on the Haix P7 High boots.

I have logged quite a few miles in all sorts of weather so I feel I can give a good review.

I have to say that they are pretty comfortable, tough, and they are surprisingly easy to run in. They are they are really waterproof but also breathable and my feet were always dry. They do look and feel like a much heavier boot though.

On the down side I would not recommend wearing them in weather warmer than 15-20C. I wore them on a day where it was sunny and +30 and my feet were hot like crazy! The laces are okay but are getting a bit fuzzy, might want to upgrade those to something tougher. Driving with them is a bit touchy since the sole is thick and you don't feel the pedal very much.

I did apply some waterproofing/protector agent to them when they were brand new, so this might have influenced the result, but with a bit of water and a sponge they are still looking nearly new today after a year of wear. They haven't gotten that "toe wrinkle line" either.

In short for cold and/or wet weather they are superb. Highly recommended!
            Last edited by witchcraftz; 09-26-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X