Electrical Connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Connectors

Anybody know where to get any of the waterproof connectors locally? BE doesn't seem to have em, they are more of a specialty automotive application.

Specifically need two female 2 pin connector ends with pigtails similar to half of these ones pictured (i have tons of male ends, just nothing to connect to my new harness, they switched connectors when i ordered my new one)

Re: Electrical Connectors

MRO maybe?

Pat

His
    1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
    1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
    1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
    Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post
      MRO maybe?
      Dont seem to have them either from their website :(

Comment

greggs might have something that would work.

http://www.greggdistributors.ca/Catalogue.aspx

section R is the auto electrical section
        Last edited by jta430; 05-16-2014, 09:08 PM.

Comment

You want the sealed part of the molex style (square to triangle)? If so Active in the NE has them (back wall left hand side). If you need wires soldered to them you know where to find me
          As for the weatherproof ones you are likely going to have to dig through digikey online and find a manufacture. If the ones you have have a part number on them it will give you a good start. Again I can crimp and solder wires on them for you.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
            You want the sealed part of the molex style (square to triangle)? If so Active in the NE has them (back wall left hand side). If you need wires soldered to them you know where to find me
            As for the weatherproof ones you are likely going to have to dig through digikey online and find a manufacture. If the ones you have have a part number on them it will give you a good start. Again I can crimp and solder wires on them for you.
            Sorry other ends. Female housing, technically a male pin adapter. The weatherproof ones. I just ordered them from retrofit source because i couldn't find anything in town in a hurry.
            And thanks for the offer, i did do my own soldering for all my other adapters/quick connects so i should have that covered

Comment

Gah, if you had posted before you ordered new ones, I would have given you mine. I got a shipment from the retrofit source a couple days ago and found that I had ordered the wrong thing. I figured you had found something already. If you can still cancel your order, you can have mine for a few bucks.
              Eddy

1995 540iT/6 Technoviolet
              2004 W8 Wagon 6MT Pacific Blue

Comment

Clean use of heatshrink: +1. If you are using connections for all weather use the glue filled heatshrink
                Last edited by Stonewall; 05-23-2014, 02:25 PM.
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by eddycooper View Post
                  Gah, if you had posted before you ordered new ones, I would have given you mine. I got a shipment from the retrofit source a couple days ago and found that I had ordered the wrong thing. I figured you had found something already. If you can still cancel your order, you can have mine for a few bucks.
                  PM'd

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                  Clean use of heatshrink: +1. If you are using connections for all weather use the glue filled heatshrink
                  Thanks! I definitely use the nice glue filled ones for outside stuff, i love it the way it seals and grips the wires. I use it for all my larger gauge wires too just so that bending the wires doesn't cause the sheath to pull away from the shrink tubing.

Comment

I have connectors similar to that at work. I'll see if we still have some in stock.
                    2004 Jetta TDI Sport-Daily
                    2002 Jetta 1.8T(stg2)-Wifey
                    1983 RabbitLS- Dirty Diesel

Comment

Working...
                    X