• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Pet Peeve

Rear fog lights.

Daytime.

Sunshine.

Figure out how to operate a light switch on a Euro or go drive a domestic.

That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
    2016 .:R (sold)
    2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
    2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Re: My Pet Peeve

I hear you - I feel the same way. Same with front fog lights, but they're usually not as annoying as the rears.

I feel like I only ever see Audi drivers driving with the rear fogs on. It makes no sense to me. Is the light switch confusing on those cars or something like that?
    Eddy

1995 540iT/6 Technoviolet
    2004 W8 Wagon 6MT Pacific Blue

Comment

Well to be fair I had no idea about the two clicks thing for the rear fogs on my first b6 so at night I always had my rear fog on because I would just turn all the lights on and finally I figured out there were two clicks when you pull the switch out. It was just me not noticing that I was turning on my rear fog.
      Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

I guess this leads to a question. Well, a couple if questions. How many people drive all the time with their fogs (front) on? And, do people read the manuals when they buy a car, or just jump in and go? Not pointing fingers....just curious.

Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
        2016 .:R (sold)
        2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
        2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Jester B View Post
          I guess this leads to a question. Well, a couple if questions. How many people drive all the time with their fogs (front) on? And, do people read the manuals when they buy a car, or just jump in and go? Not pointing fingers....just curious.

Most people just jump in and go. Even more so with more expensive cars, the average consumer is looking for vehicles that do everything for them. Self driving cars would be a hit.
          GT3071R and more...

Comment

The second question is. . . Why do people not just leave the switch in "auto" and not worry about it since they apparently don't understand how their light switch works? The additional questions I would also ask are why do people feel the need to run with their front fogs on? Don't they know it's actually illegal to do so without fog actually being present? Don't they actually know that it doesn't help them see down the road? Fogs are designed to place light close to the car and wide so that you can see the edge of the road when it is actually foggy.

Yea, major pet peeve of mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            1990 Porsche 951
            2013 Audi S4 6MT

Comment

on my allroad the front fogs are the DRL's.. once you turn the headlights on the fogs go off unless you pull the lightswitch 1 and 2 for front/rears..

i've only used the rear fogs in insanely foggy conditions but i see cars all the time running rear fogs with no clue too..

Comment

Yup, the front fogs are also used as DRLs on my car, that's not what I'm talking about, it's the people that drive with their front or rear fogs on with the headlights.

The second MAJOR peeve of mine is those that forget to turn on their lights at night because the DRLs are on. Those people with no other lights on driving on Crowchild trail in a black car at night. . . Idiots.

1990 Porsche 951
                2013 Audi S4 6MT

Comment

^ this is annoying. i wish auto makers would come up with a universal DRL system. each one does it differently and that is way more annoying than just an extra light being on, on the rear. i would rather see lights than no lights. then again, it seems like no body in the city ever cares about lighting. driving games include picking out the car that has ALL of it's lights working, not the ones with a light burnt out. that's too easy and no one can count that high.
                  you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Especially when they have all the brake lights burnt out. If you're really lucky, the high mounted stop light is LED and that still works to give you some indication!

1990 Porsche 951
                    2013 Audi S4 6MT

Comment

yea it blows me away. either those people never take their car to a mechanic, their mechanic is awful, or they just don't care. all are terrible excuses.
                      you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Originally posted by p951 View Post
                        The second MAJOR peeve of mine is those that forget to turn on their lights at night because the DRLs are on. Those people with no other lights on driving on Crowchild trail in a black car at night. . . Idiots.
                        A few months ago I was going down Deerfoot and someone in a CRV didn't have their tail lights on in front of me. I flashed them twice with no luck so I just ignored it. About a minute later a police car came up behind and pulled them over. There may be hope!
                        Eddy

1995 540iT/6 Technoviolet
                        2004 W8 Wagon 6MT Pacific Blue

Comment

Most cars that don't turn on their lights in the evening are Japanese or Korean. There will be a lawsuit about this one day if there is not already one.

Peeve's

Leaving high beams on all the time on divided highways thinking you are not affecting the other side.

Pickups that jack themselves up, but don't re level their lights once they do this and wonder why everybody is flashing them.

People that don't like when you pass them at night and decide to tell you by leaving their high beams on while you are a head of them. I know some might say they forget, and I accept that until they turn them off for on coming traffic and put them back on once you are the only one 40ft in front of them.

So many drivers that feel they should be in the left hand lane because they could pass somebody in the next 10 minutes. I have seen people late at night come on the highway from on the on ramp and go directly into the left lane at 105 km/h. Nobody else besides me a km ahead or behind, and they still do this.

People who make secondary left hand turn lanes at lights where they are not suppose to. 106 ave and barlow se is bad for this, but I have also seen people stopped on a green with a left signal on north barlow @ 114 ave se in the through lane. When I pass this especially in the big truck I let the air horn let them know how stupid they are being.
                          Ben
                          2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                          2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                          2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                          Her's
                          2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Biggest pet peeve is people who stop at turns when they have a entire lane to enter
                            http://www.centerlinesupply.com/high...erge_right.jpg
                            like this sign and people slam on their damn brakes cause i car is in the next lane
                            And people who slam on the breaks for a yield sign because they think its a DAMN stop
                            -Terry
                            -2014 S4
                            insta:Whiney_S4

Comment

Canadian b6/b7s have fogs as their daytimes..
                              Also mine doesn't have an auto switch. Not all do.
                              Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

Working...
                              X