Disco potato ala Talon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disco potato ala Talon

So a friend of mine recently had a ton of stuff done to his late model Eagle Talon, '97 or '98. Its a tsi awd. Tonight he came over and let me take it for a rip. Pretty damn quick.

Mods included fmic(bigger), injectors (550cc's I think?) upgraded fuel pump, clutch (holy stiff Batman!), bov , 3"exhaust, Garrett turbo (gt28rs, same idea as mr.Fournier) , gauges (egt, boost, air/fuel), and some neat-o lookin dash mounted tecki boxes (forgot to ask what they were for)

As of now he's running 15psi to redline, and yea, its fast. Smooth and linear powerband, very nice. Think I got em talked into turning up the boost though.

It'll be interesting to see what Sean will be able to do with HIS disco potato!
    2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Re: Disco potato ala Talon

Sounds nice, I used to have a Talon TSi, very quick cars, nice handling....just stock though, nothing near your buddies! Mine would spool up to just about 1 bar consistantly....Anywho, where the heck did this disco potato name come from??
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

I dunno where that name came from, maybe because it looks like a shiny spud?
      2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Disco potato eh?

A friend of mine is running a Talon TSI AWD as well, but his is a 91. Those things are crazy fast when they're done up nicely, every time I ride in his car I hold on for dear life.
        ---------------------

Aly

"Is it still considered paying for sex if you skip out on the bill?"

Comment

its the potato slicer because the intake turbine part of the turbo is big enough to fit a big ass potato in it! and slice it up lol

Comment

nice! Disco potatoes!
            ---------------------

Aly

"Is it still considered paying for sex if you skip out on the bill?"

Comment

I believe that the term Disco Potato has something to do with the Nissan Sentra the first one was originally tested on.
              Neil
              '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Originally posted by 1.8Trip
                I believe that the term Disco Potato has something to do with the Nissan Sentra the first one was originally tested on.
                That's what I heard also...

I think it was a gold Sentra... ewwwwww
                huh?

2003 GTI Silverstone Gray

Comment

guys... time... all I need is time. This little Jetta will be one mean freaking machine. I assure you. Things are well on the way...

Comment

Originally posted by seanfournier
                    guys... time... all I need is time. This little Jetta will be one mean freaking machine. I assure you. Things are well on the way...
                    i have faith!!! i believe in the little jetta! jesus loves the little jetta!!!!

ahah.
                    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart
                      i have faith!!! i believe in the little jetta! jesus loves the little jetta!!!!

ahah.
                      My brother is getting his TDI chipped by Simon (boy racer). He wants to be just like you bart. hey bart, is your car pretty fast? like a stock 1.8T?

Comment

Working...
                      X