Tire Repair Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Repair Shop

So I managed to get a nail right in the middle of my tire (my brand new tires :banghead: )

Can anybody recommend me a shop to get this repaired?
    I want a shop that will be nice to my newly refinished style-5's. I would take it to nick but he is on vacation.

I called Calgary Autoworks and they quoted me $80 to repair the tire......This seems very very very expensive to me. The rims/tires have already been balanced, however do you need to re-balance them everytime you take the tire off (i'm assuming yes to this question)

I just want a reasonable price at a decent shop that will be nice to my car/wheels. I have had tires repaired at "Big-O" tire before for $20, however I am skeptical taking my new wheels there.

Re: Tire Repair Shop

Can always just put in a plug?

Install and mount with road force is going to around $50 each wheel. So plus a repair is going to be around that price
    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Just plug it... I've plugged tons of tires with the Canadian tire stuff and they don't leak a single bit no matter how I and my friends use the tires.
      Current Fleet
      #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
      2001 Cobra #88/3786
      1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
      2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
      2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

$80 doesn't sound like a terrible price, it is typically $25 to dismount a tire from a rim, $35 to mount and balance a tire to a rim, and then the cost of the patch/repair about $20 is about right to me

Comment

To correct you, it wasn't $80 it was $60 because it is a 30 or 35 profile tire.

They need to be re-balanced when you take the tire off.

We have a brand new tire machine and Hunter balancer.
          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
            To correct you, it wasn't $80 it was $60 because it is a 30 or 35 profile tire.

They need to be re-balanced when you take the tire off.

We have a brand new tire machine and Hunter balancer.

I was adding in GST, Tax, and all that other government bs lol. I know it won't be $80 exact, but closer to that after all is done. After some searching around looks like Urban X will repair the tire for $30. This includes mounting, balancing, and repairing the tire. That is half of what Calgary Autoworks quoted me

also....
            I will never put canadian tire plugs in my car, id rather have it dismounted and repaired properly.
            Last edited by JW; 08-25-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

+1 for Urban X. Only place I take my tires and wheels to, they take awesome care of it all. Go see Gary or Cort at the Urban X south location (barlow) and they will take care of you!
              Patryk
              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
              08 VW .:R32
              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Chad at Kal Tire Sunridge...ED discount there too.
                Bagged 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T Stage 2 Unitronic, 2016 Tiguan R-Line , S13 SR20DET, Mk2 VR6 Project, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Taking my tire in to the guys at Urban X south tomorrow for the exact same thing.

Comment

The biggest reason for the difference is that Calgary autoworks is a full mechanical shop and tirebob just does tires. You are taking away a mechanic that bills for $100+ an hour (just a guess, don't know the actual rate) vs tirebob which does not have mechanics. The balancer with road force costs atleast double if not more to purchase, typically $7,000 - $10,000 more and takes more time and electricity to operate.

I have never been to Calgary autoworks yet, and yes and I have got tires and have no issues with tire bob. I am just pointing out the differences, also keep in mind tires are typically not something that makes small mechanical shops money. They do it as an add on and a way to check other things for work to actually make money. The space the tire stuff takes up in the shop could make way more money doing mecchanical then tires.
                    Ben
                    2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                    2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                    2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                    Her's
                    2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Usually the ballance is fast. They will mark the tire and rim and put the tire back on in the same orientation so that the ballance is minimal if off at all.

Good to know Bob will do flats now. He wasn't doing it last time i had a flat. Great guy though. I try to send him all the buisness I can!
                      Stefan
                      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                      X