Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No comments on the F1 Accident over the weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No comments on the F1 Accident over the weekend?

http://gfycat.com/HiddenSleepyIceblueredtopzebra

The amount of energy to lift that loader and the fact the roll bar was sheered off doesn't make the outcome look good for Bianchi.
    2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
    2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
    2001 Audi A4 - RIP
    2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
    2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
    2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
    1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
    2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Re: No comments on the F1 Accident over the weekend?

How is he still alive?!
    2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
    2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
    2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

That is the first actual footage I have seen but having seen a picture of the car that is how I imagined it happened. He is pretty lucky to be at least fighting for his life as that could have potentially been a decapitation. I am not exactly clear on the timing of the accident either, I presume that corner should have been under yellow with that recovery going on, but it was very close to the safety car as well, I thought at least but it seems he was still moving pretty quick.

There will be a lot of debate about the conditions, the timing/location of the recovery and such but I would say blame is probably multi-faceted in this case, really it is the combination of events and no single action that resulted in this crash. I do hope he is able to recover, I would question his future in racing but lets really hope he has a future.
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

And when you look at the course commissaire with the green flag...

This was definitely a double yellow flag kind of situation!Knowing that this guy is still alive is a really good surprise.
        The outcome would have been quite different outcome in the 90's

Comment

Couple things about formula cars in the rain they don't weigh enough to have any traction while going slowly (under yellow) so it can actually be more dangerous than going quickly as the wings would be working more and giving you the grip you need to maintain traction. Problem with this is when going faster to keep the aero grip working when you lose that grip (Hydroplane) you are screwed even worse than before. (What i think happened here)

About the yellow/green in F1 as soon as you pass the accident its green flag racing so i believe that's why the marshal is waiving the green. Most other sanctioning bodies use the next marshal station to wave the green to resume racing but F1 is for the fans so race right away or we could lose Bernie money.

The sole blame here is on the FIA/Honda(Race promoter) for not bumping up the start of the race to avoid the weather they knew was coming.
          2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
          2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
          2001 Audi A4 - RIP
          2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
          2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
          2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
          1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
          2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

Definitely a tragedy. Changes to race weather protocol and/or enhanced use of the safety car need to be made immediately. #PrayForJules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Rob
            Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
            Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Working...
            X