Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping a Transmission Across Canada...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping a Transmission Across Canada...

Anyone done anything like this? I will be the buyer. Trying to make it as easy on the seller as possible. Is there any freight companies that will accept it as is and strap it to a pallet or something?

I shipped an engine to Sask. once but didn't really care how it was done because the buyer was paying. I also happened to have a perfectly sized crate at the time.

Love to hear from people who have done something similar.

Re: Shipping a Transmission Across Canada...

Also very interested in this thread as I will most likely be needing to do something like this soon.
    Patryk
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I am not sure if this is the service my Dad used or not, if not it is similar. He used it for shipping heavy equipment. Basically it is a reverse auction to move your goods. Shippers can place competing bids to move your product. You give a date to move, say in two weeks, and during that time, various shippers can bid. Some company that is making the trip this way with space on board may make a bid to move your load cheap to make a bit of extra cash. I don't know much more than that, but he had good luck with it the one time he used it. An option to consider I suppose.

http://www.uship.com/ca/
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I think it would basically need to look like this. Fluid probably needs to be drained. I think it needs to be on a pallet because it would likely need to be moved with forklift. Many companies these days have policies against their employees lifting things over 50 or 70 lbs.

Eddy

1995 540iT/6 Technoviolet
        2004 W8 Wagon 6MT Pacific Blue

Comment

Originally posted by JVD View Post
          Anyone done anything like this? I will be the buyer. Trying to make it as easy on the seller as possible. Is there any freight companies that will accept it as is and strap it to a pallet or something?

I shipped an engine to Sask. once but didn't really care how it was done because the buyer was paying. I also happened to have a perfectly sized crate at the time.

Love to hear from people who have done something similar.
          I've shipped a stroker motor from Ontario and a transmission to me, and same motor to Las Vegas (and will similarly return home) using Freightquote.com

Hit up Matt Triebel and tell him Dustin D. from Edmonton sent you

mtriebel@freightquote.com

I had to go thru a couple agents to find him... he's been solid from the first contact.
          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Hmm, good to know. I may be shipping a car soon.

Comment

Thanks dudes.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the seller for more info.

This def helps though.

Comment

I ship a lot with Day & Ross. They are very familiar with car parts
                Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

I used CSA dropped off the S4 transmission with axles and all on a pallet and away she went. It was about 230 to ship to Toronto. Lift gates are available for extra cost. Just ask for more information when you call them.
                  EURODYNE
                  01 Gti awd 2L 20V HTA3582 11.4@124 best mph 128.25
                  04 R32T 6266
                  Tow machine 2011 F350 DRW 6.7

Comment

Working...
                  X