Run in with a 2004 Red Porsche Boxter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run in with a 2004 Red Porsche Boxter

My car was actually faster then his? We unrolled the windows and he was a stock 2004 Porsche Boxter 5spd. He must've been a bad driver or something.
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Re: Run in with a 2004 Red Porsche Boxter

i think all the cars you race are driven by bad drivers
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Yes they are.

Comment

I wonder if he knew you were racing, cause I don't care what mods you have, he is faster.
        Nick
        There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
        --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Smartiepants
          I wonder if he knew you were racing, cause I don't care what mods you have, he is faster.
          I agree
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

i don't race people unless its a ricer or i know i can own them condering i'm not chipped.. like last week i had a run in on memorial with a e46 330ci with a full body kit, 18s lowered, exhaust, dinan 3 badge!! which i found out only means an exhaust.. anyways i got next to him and we both gave each other a thumbs up friendly wave/smile then we wanted to play so we both sped up .. i was in 3rd gear.. and i kept up with him no problem which really suprised me.. then i went into downtown and he kept going and gave me a honk.. nice older guy.. showed respect i showed respect back.. now if he wanted to 'race' me i think he woulda owned me IMO

Comment

actually if the boxster was the normal, non-s one, you would definately have a chance. they only have 220something hp, not very quick at all.
              Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
                actually if the boxster was the normal, non-s one, you would definately have a chance. they only have 220something hp, not very quick at all.
                220 is a lot, plus probably weighs less? Someone look up the curb weights.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
                  I'm pretty sure your right Simon. I think the Boxsters only have 225 hp and the Boxster S have something like 250 hp and I think the first Boxters only had something like 200 hp. QuA probably wasn't that far off.
                  Neil
                  '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Boxster Convertible = 228hp, 2811 lbs (manual)
                    Jetta = 180hp, 3291 lbs (auto)

So unless you have ALOT of mods...
                    Last edited by Simon; 03-28-2004, 08:57 PM.
                    Simon

Comment

We talked right after and we were both racing. He told me it was his moms car =P

We shut down around 160-170km/h. He was a young kid sippin' on his slurpee at the light before. When we rolled the windows down all he said was man your car is fast... I kept asking... " what year is that porsche and if it was tiptronic " ... then when he said 2004 5spd I was kinda suprised.

If it was a 2004 Boxter S 5spd... he would rape be back and forth and then again.

1) Bad driving skills
                      2) If he thought tiptronic was actually a 5spd
                      Last edited by QuA; 03-28-2004, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I raced (toyed) a dude on deerfoot yesterday. I was driving my land missile (1.8T) and he was driving a pimped out rockin sunfire, flames down the side and all. I wonder if he likes the smell of un-cat exhaust at 1400 degrees? haha. I pull to 200 like a magnet now. when is dyno day? I'm pretty sure I'm near the 275 mark

Comment

Originally posted by seanfournier
                          I raced (toyed) a dude on deerfoot yesterday. I was driving my land missile (1.8T) and he was driving a pimped out rockin sunfire, flames down the side and all. I wonder if he likes the smell of un-cat exhaust at 1400 degrees? haha. I pull to 200 like a magnet now. when is dyno day? I'm pretty sure I'm near the 275 mark
                          I believe it's on April 3rd - incidentally it's the very same day that you are to give me a ride in your car (please?)
                          2008 Audi RS4
                          2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                            incidentally it's the very same day that you are to give me a ride in your car (please?)
                            ya, umm 'incidentally' me too! lol
                            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Hmmm, me three?

Newer Boxters #'s go somethin like 0-60 6.0-6.7 and 1/4mile high 14's, Boxtster S a little quicker. I think Qua would be right around there, with the mods he has.
                              2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Working...
                              X