STI for a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STI for a day

So my buddy needed my truck to move stuff so I needed his sti for the day, of course I didn't but I wanted to give it a try.

2013 sti 30k km. mods Cobb shifter and short shift. Invidia exhaust, unknown intake and airboy tune. Might be more but that's all I could see.

I've driven the car before and was immpressed with its power but was a rather short drive. Today I took it all day and got to feel it out. Now I will say I'm pretty bias to the vw/Audi brand I love the local Indy shops, that's the main reason I havnt moved on to a different brand.

The car overall is not bad looking, it's dark blue my least favorite of colors. He doesn't keep a clean car so that doesn't help the matter. He has blizzaks on for the winter still so I had to take that into consideration for handling. Grips level was still high but steering feel was really poor. Ride height is very high compared to my rs4. With the mods he's claiming around 400hp and it sure sounds like it, it's very loud with awsome turbo noises and blowoffs. It feels really fast as well I'd say quite a bit faster then my rs4.

Interior is pure Japanese garbage, hard plastics, poor speakers, nice headunit stock though. I thought the seats would be very supportive but were a bit worse than mine. I like that you can adjust the diff and I believe the tune allows you to change the setting of power with the knob by the arm rest.

comparing our a 2007 rs4 and a 2013 sti they are in the same price range, and I'd buy a well maintained rs4 everyday over the sti. Sti you get looks for being obnoxious, if anyone looks at the rs4 it's a thumbs up. I debating selling my car all the time but once you get in something else you realize how lucky you are to have what you have.

Re: STI for a day

Originally posted by danno View Post
    I'd buy a well maintained rs4 everyday over the sti.
    ^ This.
    Rob
    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Also worth mentioning when he bought it used last year he paid high 30's then close to 10k in mods. His words not mine. Seems more like 5-7k in mods but I don't know my subarus.

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about something very different

I agree though, id take a RS4 over an STI anyday of the week
        Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
        ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
        PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

As much as I love STIs, I would take a clean RS4 over a new STI anyday
          Current Fleet
          #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
          2001 Cobra #88/3786
          1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
          2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
          2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

if i was a little younger, i'd love a sti. but after experiencing some cars with a nice interior it would be hard to take performance over luxury.

i really need a c63 for a day to see if that's for me, although i'd actually take a e63 for the back seat space.

Comment

Working...
            X