New Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Top Gear

I have watched Episode 1 and 2 now and I will say Chris Evans is not my favorite, but I am enjoying the rest of the people and I think the show is still entertaining, but I find the pacing a bit off, perhaps with the lack of the news and multiple stars so far.

675LTs are epic too!!!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I just watched episode 1 this weekend.. so BLEH.. i started FFWD it because i couldn't take some segments.. reminded me of the USA season one.

Comment

Episode 2 was a bit better, but Chris Evans still grates me.
        2008 Audi RS4
        2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Looking like they lost a good chunk of their fans after the first episode.

http://jalopnik.com/top-gears-second...6-m-1780923085
          Last edited by Joker; 06-06-2016, 08:01 PM.
          2015 Audi RS7, Sepang Blue, Carbon Optic Package, Performance Package, Driver Assistant Plus Package, Black Alcantara Headliner
          2015 Audi A3, Glut Orange, 2.0 TFSI Technik, S Line Package - Wife's
          2006 Audi S4, Sprint Blue Pearl, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Navigation - SOLD

Comment

Just watched episode 1. Actually didn't hate it. We have to remember that no one will compare to the previous cast we all loved. JUst not going to happen. I thought the content was relatively entertaining and although it seemed quite scripted, I'm sure as time goes on and they become more themselves, the show will once again be good (in a different way of course)!
            Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
            -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
            -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by Joker View Post
              Looking like they lost a good chunk of their fans after the first episode.

http://jalopnik.com/top-gears-second...6-m-1780923085
              That is too bad as the second episode was definitely better than the first. I have some local friends that are not car people at all but really enjoyed the South Africa segment and included the show in their Sunday night lineup.

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
              Just watched episode 1. Actually didn't hate it. We have to remember that no one will compare to the previous cast we all loved. JUst not going to happen. I thought the content was relatively entertaining and although it seemed quite scripted, I'm sure as time goes on and they become more themselves, the show will once again be good (in a different way of course)!
              I do agree, we are all comparing to something that took years to create and develop so that chemistry and fun is not easily replaced, but luckily we still have both to watch at this point.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Third episode seemed to try and tone down the Evans a bit (they really critique him shouting all the time here) was nice to see Chris Harris finally and it actually felt like a car show with a number of reviews and not too much nonsense. Kevin Hart was funny but I find the stars section dragging on a little with 2 people every week.
                Blair

Comment

The new season of Top Gear has been heavily panned by critics and viewers alike but that hasn't stopped TopGear.com from announcing plans to launch a series starring Top Gear co-host Chris Harris.

Dubbed "Chris Harris Drives," the series will be somewhat reminiscent of the popular Chris Harris on Cars YouTube channel. The series will feature Harris driving the "the world’s most exciting new cars" in engaging films designed to appeal to hardcore driving enthusiasts.

According to Harris, “Obviously I’m thrilled to be making beautiful films like the F12tdf piece for the Top Gear television show but the longer-form, more detailed web films I’ve made with Neil Carey over the years remain my natural format, and broadcasting them through TG’s huge online audience is a dream come true." The presenter went on to say “If you want to know even more technical details about cars, hear more in-depth analysis, I hope we’ll be the perfect destination."

There's no word on when the new series will begin airing its first episode but TopGear.com promises details will be announced in due course.
                  Blair

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                    The new season of Top Gear has been heavily panned by critics and viewers alike but that hasn't stopped TopGear.com from announcing plans to launch a series starring Top Gear co-host Chris Harris.

Dubbed "Chris Harris Drives," the series will be somewhat reminiscent of the popular Chris Harris on Cars YouTube channel. The series will feature Harris driving the "the world’s most exciting new cars" in engaging films designed to appeal to hardcore driving enthusiasts.

According to Harris, “Obviously I’m thrilled to be making beautiful films like the F12tdf piece for the Top Gear television show but the longer-form, more detailed web films I’ve made with Neil Carey over the years remain my natural format, and broadcasting them through TG’s huge online audience is a dream come true." The presenter went on to say “If you want to know even more technical details about cars, hear more in-depth analysis, I hope we’ll be the perfect destination."

There's no word on when the new series will begin airing its first episode but TopGear.com promises details will be announced in due course.
                    Get rid of the other Chris and keep this one...show would be much better IMO.
                    --
                    Rod
                    Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                    2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
                      Agreed!!
                      2008 Audi RS4
                      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
                        Absolutely.

After hearing all the negative reviews I watched the first two episodes this week. Overall they were decent - not great, not bad. During the first episode Chris Evans constant yelling was infuriating, but I actually found Leblanc's deadpan monotone sarcasm pretty funny.
                        Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

I just quickly watched the section on the new R8.... Why is evans yelling at me so much

Comment

Rob
                            Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                            Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

^^Lol

I thought the new episode last night was pretty entertaining again, seems with the full crew it is a little better and I think Evans has been trying to keep his voice down.

For the record I have seen that train several times departing Victoria Station, I didn't know it still did the full trip to Venice though.
                              Blair

Comment

Takes some times to get all the wheels moving together to make a good team. I think they are doing alright considering what they are expected to live up to.

Comment

Working...
                                X