Caliper paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caliper paint

What paint do you guys use for painting calipers and any reviews on them? I'm planning to paint my calipers orange with G2 caliper two part epoxy paint but they cost nearly $100 cad shipped, do you guys know anywhere I can get some for reasonable price?
    Current Fleet
    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
    2001 Cobra #88/3786
    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Re: Caliper paint

I've used the Duplicolor in the past, it held up for a couple years. $25 for paint for each caliper doesn't seem like a bad deal.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
      What paint do you guys use for painting calipers and any reviews on them? I'm planning to paint my calipers orange with G2 caliper two part epoxy paint but they cost nearly $100 cad shipped, do you guys know anywhere I can get some for reasonable price?

Ive used Endura paint on two different cars, both times were custom colours, I did my GTI Kawasaki Green 4 years ago and it still looks brand new, also did my fiancés Jetta Safety Orange a couple years ago and it looks brand new. the GTI was brushed on and the Jetta I got 3 spray cans done up, used 1 can to do all 4 calipers. would recommend doing the spray can if getting it done up, believe it cost me $100 bucks for 3 cans.
      Current:
      2017 VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion DSG
      2013 VW Jetta 2.5
      Past:
      2005 VW JTI 1.8T
      1993 VW Jetta 2.0
      1996 VW GTI VR6

1991 Ford F150 4X4
      1989 Nissan Kingcab 2WD
      1983 Buick Skylark

Comment

Originally posted by 96vwVR6 View Post
        Ive used Endura paint on two different cars, both times were custom colours, I did my GTI Kawasaki Green 4 years ago and it still looks brand new, also did my fiancés Jetta Safety Orange a couple years ago and it looks brand new. the GTI was brushed on and the Jetta I got 3 spray cans done up, used 1 can to do all 4 calipers. would recommend doing the spray can if getting it done up, believe it cost me $100 bucks for 3 cans.
        I've used Endura for calipers as well with excellent results.
        Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

Endura but try to let it do a full cure as full chemical resistance takes a 7 day cure.

Comment

Good to hear how you guys like the endura paint, where can I get them in Calgary? And can anyone print some wilwood 4 piston stickers than can stay on the calipers?
            Current Fleet
            #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
            2001 Cobra #88/3786
            1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
            2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
            2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

I am still interested in trying out that plastidip method that was mentioned before.

Comment

Good to hear how you guys like the endura paint, where can I get them in Calgary? And can anyone print some wilwood 4 piston stickers than can stay on the calipers?
                Tyler at Vinyl Appeal has before.
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I can print the Wilwood decals for you. I've printed quite a few brake caliper decals and they seem to hold up great.
                  Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

Working...
                  X