Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tires

Originally posted by Blau_RS2 View Post
    I'm looking for 225/40/18's for the RS2.
    pmd
    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Ordered. Thanks Natty! Will report back on initial thoughts once i get the tires installed!
      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

That Natty guy I tell ya. Clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
          Ordered. Thanks Natty! Will report back on initial thoughts once i get the tires installed!
          Ordered mine from Natty too!
          Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
          2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
          2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
          2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
          2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
          2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Comment

Thank you all!

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

Comment

On a related topic - a pothole on Glenmore destroyed two of the 19" Pretoria Rims on my R.

Natty - any chance you could send me a DM with costs for two replacement rims along with 4 firehawks? Thanks!!
              Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Originally posted by liquid View Post
                On a related topic - a pothole on Glenmore destroyed two of the 19" Pretoria Rims on my R.

Natty - any chance you could send me a DM with costs for two replacement rims along with 4 firehawks? Thanks!!
                for sure pmd

Comment

Originally posted by liquid View Post

Damn, that sucks. Can they not be repaired at all?

Comment

Try and put a claim in with the city. I’ve never tried to get money out of it but my friend was successful.

For the cost of fixing or replacing I would replace every time.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                      Try and put a claim in with the city. I’ve never tried to get money out of it but my friend was successful.

I tried - it took them 6 weeks to get back to me, and their response was that because no-one had reported it prior to me, they weren't liable.

Comment

p.s..... in 20+ years of driving in this city, I have never seen Calgary roads this bad. It's embarrassing. I feel like I live in Winnipeg.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post

The City paid me for repair a tire/rim that was damaged on my S4 years ago. There was a spot on the road with a huge gap that did damage. I just called 311 and started a claim
                          sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                          His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                          Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                          Past:
                          B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                          B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                          2004 .:R32 BMP
                          2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                          2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                          1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Originally posted by asp gti View Post
                            The City paid me for repair a tire/rim that was damaged on my S4 years ago. There was a spot on the road with a huge gap that did damage. I just called 311 and started a claim
                            Did the same thing - but the city told me they won't cover a dime. It's going to cost me almost $4k in total.

Comment

I've tried in both Calgary and Vancouver, basically there is a chart with pothole size, that the city knew about it, and time for the city to fix it, that shows exactly the conditions for the city to cover it. (the cities keeps this chart hidden somewhere)

It starts something along the lines of "big enough to fit the whole wheel" + city has been aware for 1 week and not fixed it
                              You also need photos of the pothole, the wheel, quote of the damage and invoice for the new wheel.

But good luck proving the city knew without you having been the one to call! Of course if your wheel is broken before that 1 week period they don't cover it.

One last thing: if the city has subcontracted the road maintenance to another company, they are the ones responsible to replace your wheel, if they cover it.... Private companies don't do that. So basically you're SOL.
                              Last edited by witchcraftz; 04-07-2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I've had both the FH's and MPSS's on a Mk5 GTi that was APR Stage 1.
                                In my experience:
                                - Dry grip was essentially comparable
                                - MPSS's better wet grip
                                - MPSS's were quieter overall
                                - Can't comment on wear as I sold the car after putting about 10,000km on the MPSS's but the both seemed to wear comparably.

Overall, I wouldn't do it again and would stick with the FH's - you really can't go wrong for the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X