Projected Gas market pricing......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projected Gas market pricing......

So, reading up on some of the stuff on gas prices, it appears that there is no way its ever going back down, and that we have to accept it.....This, all at the hands of OPEC, who admittidly stated they wanted the increased revenues from throttling production......They were critisized for not predicting the markets well enough, causing a volatile market by decreasing production in a time of political instability and increased demand......Where I'm a little ticked about the whole thing, is why are we paying nearly $40 US a barrel (where are the days when $25 was high??), when we are a major oil and gas producer?? Why can't the International Energy Association do anything about this?? All they seem to do is cry foul at OPEC, but not impose any sanctions dictating increased production....In the least maybe we need to start looking at fuel tax decreases, I can understand that oil revenues have afforded Alberta the ability to becaome finacially stable, but for cryin out loud, some of us can't go without a vehicle.........Any opinions/flaming/rants you guys want to get out?? I feel for you VR guys!!

Alex
    Last edited by Aleks; 05-04-2004, 01:52 PM.
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Re: Projected Gas market pricing......

yes they can go to hell.. people heard rumors that its gonna be 1dollar+ a L for regular this summer.. i call BS on it and i bet it'll surface back down to like 60/L

Comment

i get pissed off when regular gets up to 80cents/L. that means we pay 90cents for premium!!

gonna hafta start filling up at superstore (and get 7.5cents/L back) if it goes up anymore.....

btw, does anyone cheap out and fill up with superstore gas?
      Eric
      2002 Jetta 1.8T, Black

Comment

I guess I have accepted that gas prices are always going to go up, and have resigned myself to paying. Its not so bad compared to other places in the world. If I was really concerned, I would buy a TDi.

However, I am not really happy that so much of the cost is taxes, and that the tax money is not going where I think it should. If more of the tax money went to the environment and roads (two areas affected by my vehicle) I would be much more understanding. In particular, I think the roads in Calgary and in Alberta are largely embarassing. Obviously something is being mismanaged for it to be such a big problem.

And nope, I never fill up on cheap gas. I try to put in 94 every tank, just for peace of mind.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Glad to know our good old tax dollars are going to Quebec.
          Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

bunch of bit-ches

edit: I don't use 94 just becasue I dont think it is worth driving that far to get it. if I could get 94 at esso, or P.C. I would use it all the time. Ill stick with 91.
            Last edited by Mr. Burns; 05-04-2004, 03:15 PM.

Present
            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
            2003 VW Jetta GLI
            1992 VW Jetta GL
            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

http://www.peakoil.net/

Gas will get more and more expensive over time, it's a fact of life. While I don't agree with the doom and gloom that we're going to run out tomorrow, the fact that each barrel takes more energy to extract than the previous one is fact.

Personally I won't care if gas doubles. If people bought vehicles (like Hummers, or Expeditions) where a significant gas hike will kill their budget, then they need to come back to reality and live within their means. It will mean less cars on the road, more practical transportation choices.

I used to buy Safeway 91, but have been buying 94 from Husky for the last several fills.

Khyron
              Geoff
              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

yea i only buy 94 since its close to my companies plant and i can actually use it now but if i had to drive that far i would just stick with 91 mode

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                  yea i only buy 94 since its close to my companies plant and i can actually use it now but if i had to drive that far i would just stick with 91 mode
                  I used to think it was a hassle too, but I got used to it. Now its not a chore at all to stop by the Husky. Just part of the routine.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

lol.. yea its nice for me to be able to get it cuz i get to wash my car at the big bucket on barlow too.. and i dont' pay a cent for neither

edit for below
                    yes since i've been chipped now this is my 1st real full tank and with the 93 program i've so far gotten 325 on my 1st half of this tank so i should still get about 500+ a tank..
                    Last edited by R_Ethug; 05-04-2004, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
                      I feel for you VR guys!!
                      1.8t gets 24mpg city, 31mpg highway
                      VR6 gets 23mpg city, 30mpg highway.

no need to feel sorry for them!

ps. took $50 exactly to fill my car yesterday
                      Simon

Comment

I fill 91 and 89 alternating, depending on the price.....usually at safeway, like tommorrow I get 7 cents off......I think its alright....
                        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

I for one, welcome the increased gasoline prices. In fact, nothing makes me smile more, than filling up my dub at the station and looking across at Mr. "I bought the biggest, baddest SUV on the planet to compensate for my lack of manlihood" as his SUV sucks back, ever so close to $100 per fill-up. Not to mention, he's back at the pump before the week is out. Yessirreee... keep them prices up, keep this province rich... and for god sakes... keep them frickin' piece of sh*t, I drive 5 tons of steel down the highway, I have 2,500 sq. ft. of interior room but drive alone, look at me... I'm Arnold Shwartzenegger ...Sport? UV's off the road!!

Deuce out...

P.S. I'm only good for one rant a month!
                          Rob
                          Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                          Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

speaking of which there are 5 known hummers in the ridge.. i think they are the stoopidist vehicle ever

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                              speaking of which there are 5 known hummers in the ridge.. i think they are the stoopidist vehicle ever
                              we have 2 hummer h2's here in brandon now.. people are like, "woah **** its a hummer! that guy is a balla".

then i roll by w/ the audi and say "***** WHAT ***** WHAT"
                              Simon

Comment

Working...
                              X