New to the VW scene!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the VW scene!

I have been here posting for about a week or so now, I just wanted to introduce my self and say hello to all of you. As of right now I don't have my GTI yet but it has been orderd from the dealership. Once it is located in the states in the color I want and the options that i want it will be shipped here. Also a side note if you have not read my thread on the porsche wheels in the general fourm, I am a US military member stationed in Germany. Altought I don't have my GTI yet I currently have a 91 passat gt wolfsberg edition, and a honda. The honda will be sold when my GTI gets here. Thanks for all your help and advice in advance.

-Nick-
    2004 Reflex Silver GTi 1.8t
    1991 passat GT wolfsburg edition (euro spec)
    1982 golf GTI (euro spec)
    Autocross: the miniature golf of road racing

Re: New to the VW scene!

Originally posted by dubspeedGTi
    I have been here posting for about a week or so now, I just wanted to introduce my self and say hello to all of you. As of right now I don't have my GTI yet but it has been orderd from the dealership. Once it is located in the states in the color I want and the options that i want it will be shipped here. Also a side note if you have not read my thread on the porsche wheels in the general fourm, I am a US military member stationed in Germany. Altought I don't have my GTI yet I currently have a 91 passat gt wolfsberg edition, and a honda. The honda will be sold when my GTI gets here. Thanks for all your help and advice in advance.
    Glad to have you here Nick, we are mostly Canadians but we have the occasional US or European poster online. We are definitely a close-knit VW community, and we are glad to have ya.

Where in Germany are you posted?

Also why did you order your car from the US to get it to Germany? It seems like the options offered over here are better than back home...

--
    Kris
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Welcome Nick.
      Neil
      '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

thanks for the replies. to anwser your question kor. I ordered a Us spec VW so that when i do come back to the states I can ship it back no problem. If I were to get one localy here euro spec it would have to be convertd to US spec before shipping. That could get kinda pricey in its self, I like the options of the US spec mostly the only physicial difference is the rear fog light and wider licence plate mounting locations. I think that they have different engines in the models over here some lower hp engines. Also as I mentioned before the place i am buying the car from sells to military tax free. That gives a nice break on the price. I am stationed in the eifel region in spangdahlem (USAF). It is nice about 45 mins away from the nurburg ring, 4 hours from paris, 2 hours from frankfurt, just over an hour to either belgium or leuxumburg, and just under 2 hours away from the Netherlands, to name a few.

Kor are you in germany as well?
        Last edited by dubspeedGTi; 05-24-2004, 02:10 PM.

Comment

There is also vwvortex.com which is somewhat more of an international site, you can find more euros than here.

And welcome!
          Last edited by Smartiepants; 05-24-2004, 06:19 PM.
          Nick
          There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

I have found vwvortex.com that is how I found this site. I saw it in someones signature in a post, I think it was Holksvagon. I like this site better the people here seem to be a whole lot nicer, and this is more speclized to mkIV's. I will still go there from time to time but primarily I will be comming here.

Comment

I have found vwvortex.com that is how I found this site. I saw it in someones signature in a post, I think it was Holksvagon. I like this site better the people here seem to be a whole lot nicer, and this is more speclized to mkIV's. I will still go there from time to time but primarily I will be comming here.
              Yes, we are stealing people from Vortex! The power is in our hands!

I am working about 90km SE of you in K-town, this is a nice area of Germany, I definitely like being close to France.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Welcome to the boards!!! Your only issue maybe that we will all want you to bring back a bunch of euro parts for us!!! Are you getting your car soon??
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I am not sure when the car will get here i might have to sacrafice some options in order to get a car. Since it is so late in the model year and I don't want an "05 model I have to take what I can get, and what I can get is what is already built and is in the port in NY or here in germany. Unfourtnatly the color I want they do not have here so we have to check the port in NY hopefully they will have one of them there.

Kor I am actualy buying my car down in K-town at the autoexchange down there. We sould meet up some time. I am down in that area at least twice a month. Proably more now that I found the paintball feild on Volgelway (SP?). My wife likes to go to the bases down there and go to the BX's there is a much better selection of items.
                  Last edited by dubspeedGTi; 05-26-2004, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Kor I am actualy buying my car down in K-town at the autoexchange down there. We sould meet up some time. I am down in that area at least twice a month. Proably more now that I found the paintball feild on Volgelway (SP?). My wife like to go to the base down there and go to the BX there is a much better selection of items.
                    Actually tomorrow is my last day in K-town :( I've been all over the area on my weekends here too. I've been here for about a month, too bad I didn't know ya earlier, we coulda had a beer. I am just here on a limited contract, and its over.

Next stop is the UK to annoy Dubs and then I will be goin' back to Canada and back to school for the summer. I am kinda toying with getting a job in Europe when I finish but it would be in the UK or France I think, not here in Germany.
                    Last edited by Kor; 05-26-2004, 04:58 AM.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. good luck on your trip.

Comment

Working...
                      X