Another Multanova ticket....damn..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Multanova ticket....damn..

So, I was again unpleasantly surprised with the mail this morning, another 130 buck photo radar ticket....I've had too many of these this year already, and I'm really gettin sick of it....I mean, fine I was speeding, no problem there, and if I was caught by an officer I would be fine with it. Its the damn cash grabbing photos that tick me off....Makes me want to play that trick with the licence plate....anyone else get excessive tickets??
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Re: Another Multanova ticket....damn..

not trying to be a dick but i can spot photo radar from a mile away they stick out like sore thumbs man.. keep ya eyes open yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      not trying to be a dick but i can spot photo radar from a mile away they stick out like sore thumbs man.. keep ya eyes open yo!
      I think I have had only one in my entire driving career... you just need to be in the mindset of always scanning the sides of the road for the suspicious looking vehicles. Typically a minivan or SUV with dark tint. Also they set them up in the exact same locations 90% of the time.

They only get you if you're doing more than 10-12 over, so if you moderately speed or if you spot them in time to hit the brakes, no photo.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I am totally fine with photoradar. No demerits!!! If you wer pulled over then you would get demerits! Frankly I don't see why you're complaining. it could be alot worse

Present
        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
        2003 VW Jetta GLI
        1992 VW Jetta GL
        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

agreed!
          Multi-novas (Ive had one in my day) are the only way I can stand getting a ticket. Demerits jack insurance rates.

Not only that, nova tickets are SO easy to get reduced if your problem is $. Fact is, you were speeding and didn't see the cop. Like ryan said - they stick out like sore thumbs (not trying to be a dick, but the one ticket I did get multinova I fought and didnt have to pay because he was parked in a spot where he DIDNT stick out haha)

Anyways, losing a buck thirty always sucks.
          REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
          -james

Comment

When I was leaving Simon's house on Saturday (from the mod day) coming down Deerfoot and Mckenzie Lake, there was a cop and radar gun tucked away in the bushes. I was doing 110 in an 80 and he pointed right at me. I was already cursing under my breath and getting ready to pull over.... But they just looked at me as I drove by. Didn't stop me or anything. The wierd part is I was the only car on the road at the time and I saw he was definitely pointing the gun right at me. Guess all that bling must've jammed up their radar lol
            Derick

Comment

thats my guess derick.. he was probably like.. whoa shiz son i can't see.. bling blah!

Comment

Yea, they are cracking down on the construction zones, so watch your speed.

Thanks again Derick for the help with my steering wheel. Hey, how did Rachels brake job turn out by the way?
                2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Getting there, a very long and rusty job! After all was installed etc, the E-brake was jamming because of a really rusted up cable...so a new pair of cables were installed tonight and things are looking much better. It would not surprise me one bit if that wasn't the real cause of the origional problem (one brake was seized on due to the stuck E brake cable). But there was some stuff in pretty bad shape that is now replaced with some brembo discs and metallic pads.

Originally posted by KLOBIONEKINOBI
                  Hey, how did Rachels brake job turn out by the way?
                  EU Tuning
                  European Performance Products
                  www.eutuning.ca
                  slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Also, sorry if I was a little stressed on Saturday, time was precious that day. As it was, I only got my sway bar on by 9:30, so by the time I got cleaned up and drove to Edmonton it was 1:30. The practice/training event started at 8AM the next day so I was a little tired, but some nice fast driving, riding and talking soon shook it off...mmm 993
                    EU Tuning
                    European Performance Products
                    www.eutuning.ca
                    slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Racer
                      Getting there, a very long and rusty job! After all was installed etc, the E-brake was jamming because of a really rusted up cable...so a new pair of cables were installed tonight and things are looking much better. It would not surprise me one bit if that wasn't the real cause of the origional problem (one brake was seized on due to the stuck E brake cable). But there was some stuff in pretty bad shape that is now replaced with some brembo discs and metallic pads.
                      Same thing happened on my MKIII. I think ice and salt get in the lines in the winter to corrode the cables, then they stay engaged when the handle is released. I drove for nearly 2 blocks in a snow storm with my rear wheel locked up before I realized something was wrong. When I pulled over, the one brake caliper was glowing bright orange! I guess when you have descent winter tires on the car and the roads are icy as hell, something like that can go unnoticed for a block or two
                      Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                      hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X